What strange foods do you eat that others don't understand??

-
Cheese and Jelly sammich. (gotta be grape jelly though)
Accidentally try it! You will be surprized.

There is a bar in Walnut Grove(Locke) called "Al the Wop's". Sitting on the bar for a snack, they have peanut butter you put on a Pepperoncini. Sounds disgusting, but surprisingly it's not bad...

I love a good sourkraut. Hebrew National is purdy dang good.

I had a friend take me to get "pho (fa) beef soup" , but he didn't tell me we were going to a Vietnamese restaurant, just going to get some soup? And that seemed strange to me. I mean we're not going for burgers or something for lunch we're going for soup? Well we pull into the parking lot and I'm like this doesn't look like any place I'm going to eat in! But I'm game on this particular day and give no signs of resistance and go in and sit. Can't make heads nor tails out of the menu, and was told to order the #17 - it will be a beef tip soup - ooookey?? The waiter took our order and left and the only thing I could look at my partner and say is "meow"
"meow" stop doing that I eat here all of the time!! ( should know me by now I'm just impossible) "MEOW"! PLEASE STOP? meow-what? meow-calm down...ect...
it was great - I finished everything. He got the last laugh...

My Father in Law slathers mustard on the steaks before grilling them. Seems odd but they tasted great!

I suppose eating venison ain't that strange. But how about Deer hearts? Eat them all the time at the hunting camp!

? do tell
Cincinnati has its own style of chili, almost a relish, that is used over spaghetti or hotdogs and topped with shredded cheese, onions, beans, and oyster crackers. It is heavy with allspice and curiander and sweeter than most traditional chili.
Cincinnati%20Chili%20plate.jpg

-
Back