What strange foods do you eat that others don't understand??

-
11081.jpg
0003010067264_A?$img_size_380x380$.jpg

Wiener Schnitzel. I haven't had it in years. The last time I had some decent Wiener Schnitzel was oddly enough, in Kentucky just off post from Ft. Knox.
The German stuff was the best though.
But looking back, when it shows up on a bike while you're in the field, after eating MRE's, deep fried rats butt is probably pretty good.

Oh yeah,
I love ketchup on egg noddles. My wife thinks it's gross. She squirts ketchup on eggs, sooooooo.........

We've also been eating our share of Der Schlanka, or ketchup and mayonnaise!! Uli and Irina showed us this when he stayed with us, they eat it mixed together and dip their fries in it!! It's really good!!

We've also been eating our share of Der Schlanka, or ketchup and mayonnaise!! Uli and Irina showed us this when he stayed with us, they eat it mixed together and dip their fries in it!! It's really good!!
If you like that dip your fries in Big Mac sauce you will also like that.

You southern guys will laugh but out here in kalifornia, it's nearly impossible to find good fried okra. I'm a BBQ guy and the quality of BBQ in the LA area was so bad I had to get a smoker and learn for myself. I guess okra is next. I love okra but out here everyone just thinks it's weird.
Fried okra in corn meal! Man, that's my favorite comfort dish thinking back to my Moms east Texas cookin....I popped into a soul food joint in Long Beach and asked if they made it and the lady looked at me over her glasses and asked "what you talking about, what'ch you know about fried okra?" I also like salted plums, those little brown dried out prune looking things you get in the .99 baggies at Asian stores. They taste like solid salt until about the 4th one, then your looking for a beer.

Lots of European-based stuff here, let's mix it up a bit...

Kombucha (fermented tea), I drink one of those every day with dinner. Tastiest drink I've ever had.

Mixed greens salad with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil

Chicken kabobs with garlic paste and pita bread (common Middle-Eastern dish, my dad is Syrian)

I fry my eggs with olive oil (is that weird??), tastes better IMO and is healthier than butter but I still cook my French Toast in butter it's the only way lol

Pho is amazing (Vietnamese noodle soup with thinly-sliced raw steak that cooks in the broth as it's served)

Raw cucumbers with Balsamic vinaigrette

I know there's more I eat so many different kinds of food lol...

Fried rattlesnake at any of the rattlesnake roundups they have every year in Texas. Only 2 small meaty strips on either side of the backbone, but i love it. Alligator gumbo is really good too.

Mac and Cheese ,with catsup,
Peanut butter sandwich, with bacon bits.....

Man, much of this stuff sounds like food you'd only eat if you lost a bet.

-
Back