What stuff have you found in your cars from previous owners?

-
The PO of my 68 fastback left a mummified mouse under the seat, along with mousenest and semi-chewed up build sheet.

Jimmy Hoffa!!
No, just kidding.
Does 4 door panels with speakers count? One USA Olson and three Japan Channel Master's....

DoorPanelOld.gif

A half full box of get out of jail free cards. In the trunk of a duster I bought on E Bay from Arkansas about twenty years ago.

In 1994, I accidently found 220$ in old yellow-ish 20$ bills (with a pay-check record of 100$ per week in 1974) in the stock but not knowned flipping compartment of the center console of an OT car.

The car change hands three times before I got it and the money was there for two decades.

Found a nice needle nose pliers that was causing the rattle in the dash of my '79 Lebaron. Looked like it had been there from the factory! I once bought a '76 Valiant that only had 16,000 miles on it, but had sat in a pasture for years. I pulled 9 dead mouse carcasses out of the headliner alone! It took LOTS of Pine-sol to make that one drive-able again!

A bunch of change in the lower dash frame, an old comb and a rotted AA battery in the rear trunk extension

doubt if the build sheet is still under my seat considering you can see the floorboard through the top on the driver's side haha! i did find the certi card under the hood which surprised me, along with the original owners manual that has the delivery date and dealer/customer info written in it. pretty cool. oh and a lucky strike cigarette package, empty. several unopened fast food straws. other than that not much, it was driven pretty regularly so no dead bodies of any kind fortunately. of course the headliner is still in so i can't rule that out!

An old detonator and det cord in the back of a 64 polara...

IMG_20160316_152126.jpg
20160316_182512.jpg
HAIR! So much hair and combs/brushes. Also had an ARCO gas card, a driver's license that expired in 1970, kids coloring book from Sambo's and a motel key that is now the car's key chain.

That picture is just....wow. You probably dropped 200 lbs when you cleaned it out!

Sambo's? I remember that place..like a Denny's but way less politically correct!
1e60e0ef15fd036306a6979d7039cf34.jpg

I found a pot pipe under the seat of a buddies used car buy, it was a creepy Ford Econoline 3 on the tree panel van with a carpet kit. Fast times! My sis found a 24K gold plated Benz grill in the back of her 500 SC when she bought it, but no floor mats.

Under the dash of my 69 Dart I found a cute little rainbow colored glass pipe, but the bowl didn't really look nearly as big as my grandfathers pipes. I guess it was for when you didn't have time to smoke a full pipe of tobacco, but just needed one or two puffs to get you to your next break at work. Also found a promotional plastic hacksaw blade for a bail bondsman in Sacramento who's phone number was HO 44235.

Last edited:
I've never found anything but the average stuff like you mentioned. However, when I was a tech at the local Toyota dealer years ago, the clean up boys found 3 bricks of cocaine and about 175K dollars in the spare tire well of a trade in. The GBI was up our every orifice the remainder of that week.

What cocaine what 175k.....

I found a bottle opener and a cordless drill in between the back seat and the trunk in my 75 Dart Swinger....... Not much else, though....

-
Back