What the f#@& ???????

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
Does chrome distort during the restoration/chroming process??
Here are two pictures of the header chrome inside the car?? Not sure what happened?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 554
Dunking the piece in the acid bath and chrome dip tanks won't cause any distortion but the smoothing and buffing processes might.

probably happened during the buffing process. I would think if they were too hard on the buffer and it over heated, then it would distort.

Looks to me like you need to shift it left a screw hole or 2.
Right end is shown very close to right A post. Shouldn't there be a top latch visor hanger or something on each end ?

Thanks, but I'm tending to believe the buffer heated it and they just put too much pressure. It's a b%#ch, but we're getting it to squeeze in. Just aggravates the hell out of me when you pay someone to do something and this stuff happens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 325
Thanks, but I'm tending to believe the buffer heated it and they just put too much pressure. It's a b%#ch, but we're getting it to squeeze in. Just aggravates the hell out of me when you pay someone to do something and this stuff happens.

yeah it's a buffer bow(pressure and heat) , dang they must have really heated that bad boy up. I've warped mine a bit but never that bad.. .. that chrome sure does look pretty going on the car. really sets off the beautiful color.

oh your going to have to drop the steering column to get the dash in. the dash goes OVER the 2 steering column bolts and then the column goes up (did it that way and got the T shirt for not thinking about how I had taken it apart.)

yeah it's a buffer bow(pressure and heat) , dang they must have really heated that bad boy up. I've warped mine a bit but never that bad.. .. that chrome sure does look pretty going on the car. really sets off the beautiful color.

oh your going to have to drop the steering column to get the dash in. the dash goes OVER the 2 steering column bolts and then the column goes up (did it that way and got the T shirt for not thinking about how I had taken it apart.)

Thanks Kurt. Column just sitting for moving around purposes. Speaking of which, the rubber collar where the column bolts up under the dash. Don't have it, can't find a repop. Any thoughts? I was thinking rubber roofing with adhesive backing? Bicycle inner tube??

I would think somebody had one of those column seals to spare in decent used condition. If all the same part, that helps. I don't know if/when they might have changed. Good luck with your build

I would think somebody had one of those column seals to spare in decent used condition. If all the same part, that helps. I don't know if/when they might have changed. Good luck with your build

Thanks redfish, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Same thing happened to my chrome on the driver's side. It was nearly impossible to install.

Take it back to who did it in person. Whip the **** out of them upside the face with it and then make them buy you another one and pay somebody else to restore it right.

Take it back to who did it in person. Whip the **** out of them upside the face with it and then make them buy you another one and pay somebody else to restore it right.

What?
Unheard of.

Unfortunatly, they will get away with that again.

-
Back