What to do with 2 year old gas.

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have about 2 gallons of premium in a plastic gas container that's been in the garage for 2 years. Looks & smells ok. Use it or no?

Mix with another gallon (fresh) lawn mower , I use sea foam in all my 4 stroke lawn gear

Does it have any ethanol in it? If not, it should still be good to go. If it’s got ethanol in it, mix it with fresh gas and hope for the best.

Does it have any ethanol in it? If not, it should still be good to go. If it’s got ethanol in it, mix it with fresh gas and hope for the best.
Yes it does have ethanol. I'll take the advice and mix it with some fresh gas.

Was just going to say, I need some to burn ants out of a hole I dug to plant a hedge. I'm getting ready to fire um' up.

Just take it with you when you get fuel for your daily driver, put it in prior to adding fresh fuel and call it good. If you add five or ten gallons it will be watered down pretty good. I've done it and had no ill effects.

I just used what was in the tank of a car I'm scraping, & by the looks of the car, the gas has been in it for a couple years. It was about 7-8 gals. so I put in my 01 Ram. With the fuel it had in it & some Sta-Bil, I haven't had any problems. Gas just costs too much to waste these days. I heard a lot of other good suggestions on this question too.

Last edited:
I just emptied 3+ gallons of non-ethynol premium out of a motorcycle that has been sitting. It smelled fine so it went right into the lawnmower. No varnish here?

What do you do with 365 used condoms???

Melt them down and call it a good year... :)

-
Back