What to do with my 360 magnum??

-
He might want to call the guys at Oregon. I talked to them about this same thing. They told me that for some reason, the majority or the Chrysler cores they grind seem to be hardened almost all the way to the core. I was surprised by that, but he was adamant about it, saying they had cut a lot of them in half and inspected them.

I may call them today, I sent a recommendation form to Bullet for my stroker, with exactly what I want, and was suprised to see it was almost exactly what I already have. Same duration on both advertised and @.050, the lift was higher (at 1.5, it is the same as mine at 1.6) and the lsa was 108 instead of 104. I told them a priority was pump gas, and I wanted to be able to make enough power to run 10.40s or so in a 3.73 geared, 3400lb Dart Sport. Would a 251/[email protected] solid make enough to do that in a W2 headed 422 stroker? I am doubting it. Probably should start a different thread lol.

Thanks for reminding me about Oregon, I always forget!

Rob,that is good info.Any clue on,aftermarket cam cores? Hyd roller,cast iron blank. Crower ,if that helps at all.

He might want to call the guys at Oregon. I talked to them about this same thing. They told me that for some reason, the majority or the Chrysler cores they grind seem to be hardened almost all the way to the core. I was surprised by that, but he was adamant about it, saying they had cut a lot of them in half and inspected them.

It was my understanding that the mopar factory cores could only be ground to 112-113

There were a few Magnums,with narrow lobe center cores. A couple of members,hit Oregon Cam Grinders up. They were, charged a c note for the core. Both were happy.

Food for thought:
I have a "convertible" dual plane 4 bbl intake that will go on the LA or Magnum..Has plugs in it that can be changed...It was used on a magnum. I bought an Edlebrock airgap dual plane for my 408 Magnum.(different motor)
If interested let me know.

-
Back