What to look for on a Demon??

-

kzcountry

Reaction score
In the next couple hours I am going to look at a Demon, while on a trailer. What is the important areas to look at?? any suggestions or experience with this type of A bodies. thanks

Probably a little late with this response but I was not on the board late last night. The places I always look at close are, behind all four wheels, tops of fenders, around tail lights, rocker panels and bottom of the doors. There are the usual spots like, floors and trunk pan. One other spot to look at real carefully is at the bottom corners of the windshield. Pay close attention to all of the frame rails including the crossmember at the transmission, especially the torsion bar mounts. Hope you found a good one and can save it. Always great to get another Demon restored.

Jack

Well I got it, the only rust I could even find was rear quarter and it was minor to say the least. I am relly excited to get this car, it is on my trailer right now, I will try and upload a few pictures I took last night. It is an orginal petty blue demon.:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

here are the pictures

DSC05592.jpg

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05596.jpg

I also got the 8 3/4 A-body 3.55 limited slip with the car. I hope to take a few better pictures today after work.

DSC05592.jpg

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05596.jpg

Wow.. that car looks like it was originally TB3 blue from the engine compartment and stuff, but I thought that color was made officially available for the 72 model year. The dash looks 1972 as well. Is it a 72 with a 71 front clip?

Love that color on these! Nice find.

Grant

It is a 1972 by the vin , with a 1971 front clip. I was told that the old owner liked the 71 clip better so he just put one on it.

I have no idea yet, except I will paint it back B3 blue, replace the 7.25 with a 8.75 LS 3.55, 727. Engine will be a small block. The rest I will take suggestions and let my wife help decide. That will make my life a lot easier. So feel free to suggest anything.

I have no idea yet, except I will paint it back B3 blue, replace the 7.25 with a 8.75 LS 3.55, 727. Engine will be a small block. The rest I will take suggestions and let my wife help decide. That will make my life a lot easier. So feel free to suggest anything.
Disc brakes for sure.....

SCORE!!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers: That thing looks sweet.....looks like it needs some work but I have definitely seen much worse.

looks to be pretty darn solid too!

did you get a good deal on it?

glad to see another A-body on its way back to its prime

very cool cant wait to get my dads duster done after I quit working on my dart sport and sold my moms demon I really want a D body car now!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great! Good project car with good rails etc.. Are you going to clone it? Sure would be nice with a healthy 340 in it!! Good luck what ever you decide..

Ok I did a lot of research today at Mopar Nats by taking pictures and looling over 4 or 5 Demons.

did you get a good deal on it? You really do not what to know, I Got a GREAT DEAL I still cannot belive it.

As for clone Yes, if that means putting in a V8.

Hello kzcountry, You got a VERY good deal on this Demon, The guy you bought it from is a good friend of mine. I have looked at this car before, It is very solid. He said he sold it on the way to the Nat's and now i see it on here ....too wild. Im sure it would have went fast at the car corral, After seeing some of the PRO-STREET Demons at the show he was second gussing himself on why he sold it...lol. Anyway good luck on the build....... And Anyone correct me if im wrong, but i think there is a B3 color, yours will be TB3, if you go back with Petty Blue.

Hey Grant, another Petty Blue Demon!!!!! :cheers:

-
Back