[FOR SALE] What to pay for this 71 Dodge Demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's on the milwaukee craigslist if anybody wants to buy it up. He said shells sell all day long for 4-5K so there was no way he was going below that. Well I bet they are solid for that price!!!

Only based on the pics available, 3k assuming it runs ok. Bondo special.
Hang in there, the right ones around the corner

He would be lucky to get $1500 out of the damn car....
Bodies that go for 4-5k Are probably all solid with no bondo.
Keep looking you will find the right one!

Hmm, lets see... rear ended and fixed with the wrong tail panel and full of go do in the quarters!!! Then here is the spare tire well... Think maybe it was hit pretty hard then bonding patched back together!! Hate to see it stripped...

I agree with your comment... might as well put the $$$ into yours... you won't be out the price to buy it, and they both need the same parts and labor!!

Pass!!!....

looking at the welding/bondo work on the seams below the doors, I wonder if the back half of the car is a duster and the front half a demon?

Respectfully decline.......If you got 10k to spend keep looking you find much better.

Well it's on the milwaukee craigslist if anybody wants to buy it up. He said shells sell all day long for 4-5K so there was no way he was going below that. Well I bet they are solid for that price!!!

He's FULL of ****, I usually don't pile on to a thread, especially when it is this far along. He's either ignorant or just another money hungry asshole doing more to hurt our hobby than help it. God where do these jackasses come from! Run away dude, take your time and something MUCH more solid for MUCH less money will pop up.

probably worth 3k. it would allow you to be able to drive #1 while working on #2.

just an idea.

abodies that are not total basket cases are getting harder and harder to find.
this one is almost a basket case but still with a little love it could be put back to great shape. a little love and lots of cash.

forget "numbers matching" and wrong tail panel etc. get that out of your head, unless you are building a museum car or a car to win trophies at shows.

as far as that affecting value, that's just an opinion. the real value of a car is up to the person who buys it, what are you going to do with the car after?

if you plan on light cruising around town with friends, enjoying the car, etc the numbers on the block and build sheet and radiator support etc don't mean a damn thing.

even if it was in perfect shape all numbers matching 100% restored, demons darts dusters valiants don't fetch big money. they are and always will be best for what they were made for: driving, enjoying, getting from A to B reliably. they were not designed as top of the line, for use as bling-mobiles.

I bet if you had a way to add it up over the years, a-bodies put ten times the miles down on the roads as all the 60's & '70's hemi 'cudas, chargers, 440 cars etc. ten times the miles at least.

probably worth 3k. it would allow you to be able to drive #1 while working on #2.

just an idea.

abodies that are not total basket cases are getting harder and harder to find.
this one is almost a basket case but still with a little love it could be put back to great shape. a little love and lots of cash.

forget "numbers matching" and wrong tail panel etc. get that out of your head, unless you are building a museum car or a car to win trophies at shows.

as far as that affecting value, that's just an opinion. the real value of a car is up to the person who buys it, what are you going to do with the car after?

if you plan on light cruising around town with friends, enjoying the car, etc the numbers on the block and build sheet and radiator support etc don't mean a damn thing.

even if it was in perfect shape all numbers matching 100% restored, demons darts dusters valiants don't fetch big money. they are and always will be best for what they were made for: driving, enjoying, getting from A to B reliably. they were not designed as top of the line, for use as bling-mobiles.

I bet if you had a way to add it up over the years, a-bodies put ten times the miles down on the roads as all the 60's & '70's hemi 'cudas, chargers, 440 cars etc. ten times the miles at least.

Good point.
But it's still a p.o.s. that's overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back