-
Status
Not open for further replies.

roboman7s

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok guys I have been looking at demons here there everywhere. Trying to find one in decent shape but still have the options that I want. Was really looking for Bucket Seats, 4 Speed. Now I have found this one, but not sure what to offer on it. The Gentleman wants 10K, but I'm not sure that it's that clean. What do you guys think?? Also it has a Duster Tail Light panel in it because the car was rearended before. Looks like somebody has put some mud in it and maybe it's popping out?? I just would like to get some opinions of what you guys think? It's an original 340 car, but was an automatic and they have changed it over to a 4 speed. Motor has been redone and has around 6,000 miles on it.

Attachments

• 71 Demon.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 945
  • 026.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 923
  • 027.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 900
  • 061.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 904
  • 032.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 915
  • 71rear.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 911
you start chipping away at that paint...and there's no tellings what you might find,even the trunk looks rough.i'd keep looking...but it is a 340 car so has some value.so if you want it try a lowball offer and see what happens...no way 10 gs tho.

Dont know what options your lookin for but I personally would opt out of that deal. Looks like it needs quite a bit of metal/body work. Have you seen it in person? Maybe it just looks worse in pics. Fixing the body and paint isnt cheap. Need more pics to give honest opinion. Ten stacks is alot of money to me.

10K no way! It is going to need a tail panel.Looks like it may need two quarters.If it needs two quarters it needs two trunk extensions.Dash pad no good,hole in the dash where the radio use to be.Is there a fender tag and or buildsheet?How clean is the floor and trunk pan?What was done to the engine?Does he have receipts for the work done to the engine? What kind of shape is the interior in?Does it need tires?

That car needs $15,000 in rust repair and body work just to get it in primer.

I wouldn't pay more than scrap value + the value of parts that could be sold (what's the scrap value on rust and bondo these days?)

It's a $1,500 car, maybe $2,000 if I were really drunk.

AND if I did buy it for $1,500 I would drive it until it died and then part it out.

I haven't seen it in person, that's why I was trying to get some pics from him. Motor has been bored, new cam, new pistons of course, carb aluminum intake. I was afraid of the paint too. I'm not sure why they did that tail section like that?? I was feeling him out and he said somebody offered him 9500 for it but hadn't seen him since. He said he would take 9 grand cash for it now though. I thought it would be closer to 5 or 6. But like you said you never know what's under there?? These things seem to be all over the board on price though.

I haven't seen it in person, that's why I was trying to get some pics from him. Motor has been bored, new cam, new pistons of course, carb aluminum intake. I was afraid of the paint too. I'm not sure why they did that tail section like that?? I was feeling him out and he said somebody offered him 9500 for it but hadn't seen him since. He said he would take 9 grand cash for it now though. I thought it would be closer to 5 or 6. But like you said you never know what's under there?? These things seem to be all over the board on price though.

It's a long way from being worth "5 or 6".

Wow, what a bondo buggy...I would steer clear of that one.....any under hood pics? I bet the inner fenders up front have been mudded up good too...how is the frame rails? That spare tire well in the trunk also looks way too shallow.....

That is some pretty thick bondo and looks like it would come off in sheets if you pried on it and if the 1/4 looks like that I'm certain that there is much more hidden.

That spare tire well in the trunk also looks way too shallow.....

Good eye,I missed that. Seeeeeeeee,look else where because there is more going on than what we've spotted by a few pics.

heck on that old of a car if the rear of the car was in an accident and the tail panel was changed insurance would call it a salvage vehicle. No way 10K.

If it looks that bad in the pics, i bet it's brutal in real life.
Pass on it.
9 grand?
No bloody way.

Max $3500 if the drivetrain is solid and error free and there are receipts to back it up. You need to drive it to feel for rattles and everything else. Pics...it is what he isn't showing you that worries me. The car looks like it needs a grinder...then a torch and a lot of metal. Trust me, that isn't cheap. The prices are all over the place because folks think they have something of value and the need for money is pretty high these days. Good luck!

Wow that Sh*t is full o bondo! Stay away from that one........... Save up your cash and look on Craigslist in California. Try the inland empire area. they have them out there without all the bad rust. Out here we see decent examples on the road every day. Find the right deal out west and fly out to get it and make a road trip back out of it instead of all the rust headaches.......... Saves time and money in the long run.

Duster tail panel is enough to say it isn't worth 10k. The pictures say its barley worth 3k.. God knows what it really looks like in person..

you have your answer-- it seems clear on the forums answer-- & this forum hardly ever has 100 percent agreement.

just think of the "force"-- that is not he car you are looking for!
Lawrence

10-4 thanks guys!!! I guess I better just go back to my original plan and put some sheetmetal in the one I have instead of spending any money. Looked decent in original pictures, then when he sent some other closeups. WOW!!

I would give him $500 and tell him I am doing him a favor of removing it for him..
Nothing but Bondo on that car!

Like the others have said Run and don't look back.

10k No-Way maybe 1800 to 2500
My Friend has 1969 Dart for sale with a real nice paint, fresh 340 and trans with a/c new exhaust and tires and he cannot get 10k for that! It needs nothing

unlike this mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back