What transmissions will work with this?

-
Have had a 904 behind a 341 hemi in my 67 Dart for five years now-no problems.Just drilled the valve body plate and changed the governor to 340 specs.Lighter than a 727 shifts good.I have a bunch of 727's so it is not that I don't have a 727 to put in.It's just that the 904 is a good transmission

What are you looking for ? Overdrive ?

904 is just fine for a 318 . Just make certain to rid it of those soft shifts ! Nothing too crazy ; just some upgrades (mentioned above) .

You can always put a GM 200R4 in there if you don't mind it not be all Mopar and you want to gain an overdrive tranny without cutting the floor.

What are you trying to do? Get better take off gearing? Overdrive? Manual? That info is necessary to give any kind of opinion. I have a fairly well built 318 with a 904 behind it now. Nothing wrong with a 904, but I need overdrive due to 4.10 gears, so I am changing mine. Otherwise, the 904 has great gearing and is pretty darn strong.

Put a Transgo TF2 shift kit in it while your rebuilding and you'll be good to go.
I second that . Trans-Go is the only way to fly ! Their reprogrammer kits are designed specifically for each manufacture's transmission , and not based upon the generic TurboHydramatic design like the others use .

-
Back