What TV you guys use?

-
Are you saying you can hook sound out of the TV up to the TV's HDMI?
The HDMI signal goes from the source, DVD, BLU Ray, whatever, through the receiver, then out to the TV set. If receiver is off then the sound and video goes to the TV, unaltered. My amp has 5 HDMI inputs. I just switch between inputs on Receiver. It also up converts analog signal, like from VCR, to digital, HDMI. There is no over the air TV here anymore. I use directV

I buy the cheapest I can find and buy another one when it breaks. I just bought a Spectre. :D

My beloved Panasonic plasma died recently and I spent $150 trying to fix it. Threw good money after bad. Never could get it to work right and I used to fix TVs for a living. Well, if you want to call low pay and no benefits a living.

The HDMI signal goes from the source, DVD, BLU Ray, whatever, through the receiver, then out to the TV set. If receiver is off then the sound and video goes to the TV, unaltered. My amp has 5 HDMI inputs. I just switch between inputs on Receiver. It also up converts analog signal, like from VCR, to digital, HDMI. There is no over the air TV here anymore. I use directV

OK

What I'm looking for is better sound out of the TV. It seems to "only" have a optical output.

55" RCA here. Great TV, awesome picture with HD signal. 5 speaker surround, drives the wife nuts, hehehehe.

Sony or Samsung. Try to opt for a 4k if you can. Sony show better dark images while Samsung does better bright images. Now if you want a really amazing picture look into OLED, those have the best picture hands down! Also stick with a flat screen, the curve are nice but 1. they die quicker than flat screens and 2. unless you're sitting directly in front of it you lost angle off (meaning anybody on that is watching it the image won't look right).

-
Back