What type of flare?

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
IMG_0046.JPG
going from 3/8 steel tubing to braided stainless. Have tube nut style fittings for the hard line, going to the braided. What type of flare goes on the hard line so that the tube nut doesn't leak?

View attachment 1715019671 going from 3/8 steel tubing to braided stainless. Have tube nut style fittings for the hard line, going to the braided. What type of flare goes on the hard line so that the tube nut doesn't leak?
Do you have this type fitting? I'd put this male/male AN fitting between the two of those lines. Looks like you may have one already on your braided line with a pipe fitting attached to it. You may need a male pipe to male AN depending on what you have on the end of that braided line.
download.jpg

fig2gif_00000003196.jpg

You never said what type of liquid or pressure is going through this? Makes a difference how you pursue this.

Fuel line. Mechanical pump, got steel line to just in front of the tranny cross member, then going braided to fuel pump

Last edited:
No flare for that fitting, It's a compression fitting. The tube should sleeve inside the fitting and when you tighten down the nut the ferrell provides the seal.

However, 45-degree flare for SAE, and 37-degree for AN.

Last edited:
I edited my post but sure looks like a compression to me. In the op's picture there is no bevel for any flare to seal to. And there is a Ferrell on the hardline.

-
Back