What type of spark plugs are you running ?

-

DartDave

Reaction score
I'm wondering what kind of plugs everybody is running, in your SMALL BLOCKS.
My engine is pretty similar to AdamR's. The guy I bought it from had NGK V-power plugs. He said he's tried a few different types, and liker those the best. But I know he's not the best tuner. Any suggestions would great. :salut:

I like Champion RC9YC in my high compression small block... they are also the plugs called for in my 98 neon RT. I use RC12YC in both of my stock Dakotas (3.9 and 5.2)... I have not had very good luck with anything but Champion plugs in Mopars...

I was gonna ask the same question as to preferences. I happen to like ngk v grove plugs. what sold me on ngk plugs is when I put a champion in a dirt bike about 20 years ago and it fired and fouled right away, did not have that problem with ngk. my 66 chrysler 300 I had in high school would foul cyl 8 once in awhile with champions I then switched to ngk's and it would last alot longer. ngk plugs is what I prefer. some of the new dodge and jeeps are running ngk's now.

I have also used NGK plugs in the past with great success, they make a good plug. However, NGK was the plug that was recommended by the manufacturer. I run bosch plugs in my motorcycle, which is also the plug recommended by the manufacturer and I run champions in my lawn equipment (2 and 4 cycle) because they are the same specs as OE and lots cheaper. Going with manufacturer specs is always the best way to get a starting point on the type of plug, shell type, heat range, projected nose... then, as you make modifications, you can make changes to the spark plug. If I were to change the manufacturer recommended brand of plug, I would make sure that it still retained most of the characteristics of the original plug.

I have had terrible results with Autolites, but if they work, then by alll means use them.
I myself use Champs. A/C Delcos if theres no Champs.

rumblefish360 said:
I have had terrible results with Autolites, but if they work, then by alll means use them.
I myself use Champs. A/C Delcos if theres no Champs.

I never had luck with Champions. Autolites always worked for me and they're cheap.

Depends on the engine. My racey stuff, NGK V groove race plugs..I find them easier for me to read, they seem to be a little snappier with them too. For a street engine with multi-spark or high power ignitions, I run Autolites. Champions are used for every day stock type stuff. I never can get the milage from Champions when a strong ignition is used. The Autolites dotn cost much, and dont seem to erode as fast for me.

Thanks everyone, I've been wondering what others used, and thought it might be interesting to see what kinds were :salut: used.

-
Back