what valve body is better?

-
I cant remember but I believe the reverse pattern works the bands and overrunning clutch different making it less likely to spit a sprag. Search for torqueflites and read the thread on this its pretty informative. It may be titled exploding torqueflites.

do either make a performance benefit or if there aftermarket they all make a benefit becasue i found a cheteah foward valve body for sale

you ought to read that post and you will understand a lot more about automatics

I second that. Read up. And the questions can be more fullfilling and have greater meaning rather than a constant plugging of info.

Anybody have a link handy?

this is the one

CHEETAH Pro Street Valve Body
The wait is over! CHEETAH Pro Street Valve Body, Forward Pattern (PRN321) now available for TF727 & TF904. These valve bodies bring great shifts, low band applied in Manual Low and no throttle linkage required. Fully Manual up or down any speed. Safe on the street, great performance at the track and increased reliability.

The ONLY benefir to a forward manual valve body is if you're using a factory console shifter. They don't work too well backwards. If you're using a column shifter, a reverse vb would be my first choice. If i had a aftermarket shifter, I'd use the reverse manual.

ya i want to get a reverse but the shifters i seen are for foward valve bodies and if i get buckets i want to get a console.

so there is no difference between a foward and reverse besides the pattern???

Buckets and console? So since you are gonna add 75-100 pounds to the car I am guessing you want a street car. If so re-think the manual valve body. Shifting by hand is no biggie, you do that with a manual transmission (although a manual is lighter and uses a lot less power). But most manual valve bodies are designed for race use only, and provide really fierce shifts. This sort of constant whanging will tear stuff up in a hurry. You probably won't be quicker with one anyhow, and they cost more than a good shift kit.

It's your car and your money, but my advice for a young guy starting out would be to build a simple reliable car that you can actually drive. And then learn how to drive it. You can beat a new Mustang without going too crazy. You cant beat anything if you or the car are perpetually broke.

Buckets and console? So since you are gonna add 75-100 pounds to the car I am guessing you want a street car. If so re-think the manual valve body. Shifting by hand is no biggie, you do that with a manual transmission (although a manual is lighter and uses a lot less power). But most manual valve bodies are designed for race use only, and provide really fierce shifts. This sort of constant whanging will tear stuff up in a hurry. You probably won't be quicker with one anyhow, and they cost more than a good shift kit.

It's your car and your money, but my advice for a young guy starting out would be to build a simple reliable car that you can actually drive. And then learn how to drive it. You can beat a new Mustang without going too crazy. You cant beat anything if you or the car are perpetually broke.

ya thats good but i have a dailey driver and its fine if i can beat new mustangs but were i live they dont stay like that for long. and the buckets i was going to add were racing seats the ones from summit that weigh like 10 pounds and i might not get the console and its not like i cant remove it later when im at the races but

if the foward and reverse are the same in performance wise ill get the foward with low band apply

-
Back