What was your first CAR?

-
my second car was a 72 satellite sebring plus, also a 318 car. orange/ silver two tone, white interior , buckets , console and a RR hood

Here is my dads very first car fabo member FISHYPETE's 66 Barrarcda S, he still has it, can you see why I still have my first car? :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC03310.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 236
My first car. A 1975 Chevy Monza with 262 V-8 and 4 speed transmission.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 244
Here is my dads very first car fabo member FISHYPETE's 66 Barrarcda S, he still has it, can you see why I still have my first car? :glasses7:
I sure can, Wow! You and you family are/must be living right way to go keeping your cars :cheers:

My first car. A 1975 Chevy Monza with 262 V-8 and 4 speed transmission.
So!! It was you that was out racing at
all hours of the night back then!! That had to be a blast of a car :cheers:

Was forced by the city to get rid of it...there were foot prints on the inside of the back glass....

Kinda sounds like you might have been running a business out of it that the city didn't approve of! LOL

What's with you guys all being over 6 feet tall? As you can tell by the question that I am NOT over 6 feet tall- Thanks Mom & Dad!!! LOL

Mine was a 1978 Malibu ran like a bat out of hell but was a rust bucket.
78MALIBU.jpg

I sure can, Wow! You and you family are/must be living right way to go keeping your cars :cheers:

So!! It was you that was out racing at
all hours of the night back then!! That had to be a blast of a car :cheers:

Yeah it was fun alright....on dry days. It was not fun to drive in the rain or snow and was pretty scarey. The dual exhaust fell off and I put Thrush glass packs under it and never finished the exhaust the rest of the way and was pretty loud in the car. But that was great.

Here is mine, 74 Satellite Sebring Plus 340.....still have it :glasses7:
Have you restored it or just kept it in that shape? My first was a 66 Stang. Never drove it legally. Someone offered me twice what I paid for the car for just the Pony interior that was in it. Sold the interior out of it, kept the drive train and parted the rest of it. Should have never done that, car needed a bit of wheel house work and was ready for paint.....

Have you restored it or just kept it in that shape? My first was a 66 Stang. Never drove it legally. Someone offered me twice what I paid for the car for just the Pony interior that was in it. Sold the interior out of it, kept the drive train and parted the rest of it. Should have never done that, car needed a bit of wheel house work and was ready for paint.....

It is wearing the same paint it did when I bought it, mainly kept it nice. I replaced the 318 with a 340 a year later, then after that a 727 an 8 3/4 went in. I also added the Road Runner hood and painted it to match, stripe was painted on to match the pinstripe on the side. I also added bucket seats from a Road Runner, the color even matched the interior.

Too bad you parted it out, Mustangs are worth good money today

awesome cars guys!!!! just thought id share my favorite car 67 valiant signet 360 dyno at 625hp on motor i dukes of hazzard it over this 8 foot drop doing about 50mph after the left tire caught that median thing HUGE jump broke my upper and lower ball joints on one side and pushed fan threw the rad but dove it home was fixing it when i lost it in a fire. my nephew was begging me to get on it because i never did it with him in the car was 12 at night sucked bad. but epic jump lol

Attachments

• l.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 218
  • jump.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 227
awesome cars guys!!!! just thought id share my favorite car 67 valiant signet 360 dyno at 625hp on motor i dukes of hazzard it over this 8 foot drop doing about 50mph after the left tire caught that median thing HUGE jump broke my upper and lower ball joints on one side and pushed fan threw the rad but dove it home was fixing it when i lost it in a fire. my nephew was begging me to get on it because i never did it with him in the car was 12 at night sucked bad. but epic jump lol

That was a nice car. Too bad it was lost in a fire.

You took good care of it. A lot of members still have their first car.But I don't miss mine.

That was a nice car. Too bad it was lost in a fire.
yea burnt to nothing almost because i had old vw block in the garage and when the fireman hit it with water BOOM!! my house was about 100ft away and it melted the paint off it it was so hot. i didnt know the old vw motor were made of that kind of metal.

yea burnt to nothing almost because i had old vw block in the garage and when the fireman hit it with water BOOM!! my house was about 100ft away and it melted the paint off it it was so hot. i didnt know the old vw motor were made of that kind of metal.

I thought they were aluminum?

-
Back