What was your worst restaurant experience?

-
Worst restaurant, HHMMM...There were 14 couples at a car show in Waco, Texas and we decided to celebrate one of the wives b-day. We drove our cars to the local "Red Lobster" and got preferred parking, which meant one of the bus people watched our cars to keep the locals from fingerprinting them while we ate and had a good time. To make a long story short, we didn't get to eat at the same time as the food came out slooooowly. My wife at the time and I were the last to be served...I had the fried shrimp platter, and as I picked up one of the shrimp I brought at least 4 more with it. They were all connected by three strands of long black hair...I came unwound at the manager and was told we were paying for the meal. Guess what, we walked the entire bill...I have never eaten at a Red Lobster since, and I doubt if I ever will again in my lifetime.

This story on Yahoo is disgusting....
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/kentucky-restaurant-shut-down-roadkill-kitchen-160225525.html

I thought this would be an interesting, fun topic.
What was your worst restaurant experience?

Mine? Well sometime back in the late 80's I was on a date with my girlfriend at a Chinese retaurant. One of the things we ordered was chicken friend rice. Well, there were LOTS of dead roaches in the dish that were kinda hidden by the brown color and texture of the fried rice. My girlfriend and I ate some I am sure, we were about 1/4 of the way through the dish before we noticed. I thought I was gonna puke, but didn't.
I made sure I spoke loudly when I pointed this out to the waiter. He actually asked if I wanted another portion.....

"Ahhh, you have roaches? We have to charge extra!"

For me, it's the drive-thru at any Whataburger. They're the slowest people on earth.

She starts telling me it looks fine. I explain it's supposed to be brown - like Coke, so she picks it up, takes a sip, pus it back on the table and tells me it is Coke. After a few minutes, she agrees to replace it, and 10 minutes later shows up with a new one, puts it down and turns to walk away again.

Grant, That's NUTS! The waitress had the nerve to pick up your drink and sip out of it?? Damn! Was she high? She sounded out of it. I would have walked too....

Back in the early 80s my ex-wife and I went to a Waffle House, were seated and ordered our meals. The waitress brought our salads and drinks and said our meals would be ready shortly. After about 15 minutes or so she returned to the table and said that they couldn't serve us our meals because the Board of Health had just closed them down.....but there would be no charge for the salads and drinks. I almost puked wondering why they were being shut down.

Actually I had a pretty bad experience this evening.

My wife and I wanted to try this Greek Grill Cafe out that we just noticed a few days ago just north of us....we love eating Gyros.

We came in and there were just two people in there eating and no one at the register. We rang the bell and no one came up. Stood there a few more minutes and rang it again, a few more minutes a young lady shows up. We order our food and go to get our drinks and there is mold growing out of the catch tray of the soda machine!! Blah, that made me think about what the ice tank above looks like inside...I was afraid to drink my Dr. Pepper. Then we noticed that the ketchup bottles said, "refrigerate after opening" on them and the ketchup looked like waxy water. Pretty soon, the gal that took our order came from behind the counter and was wearing sloppy looking sweats with the butt on the bottoms saying "FLIP IT." My wife and I looked at eachother and knew what both were thinking.

Never eating there again. BLAH

Worst restaurant, HHMMM...There were 14 couples at a car show in Waco, Texas and we decided to celebrate one of the wives b-day. We drove our cars to the local "Red Lobster" and got preferred parking, which meant one of the bus people watched our cars to keep the locals from fingerprinting them while we ate and had a good time. To make a long story short, we didn't get to eat at the same time as the food came out slooooowly. My wife at the time and I were the last to be served...I had the fried shrimp platter, and as I picked up one of the shrimp I brought at least 4 more with it. They were all connected by three strands of long black hair...I came unwound at the manager and was told we were paying for the meal. Guess what, we walked the entire bill...I have never eaten at a Red Lobster since, and I doubt if I ever will again in my lifetime.

LOL

I have a Red Lobster story too.

My ex father in law took my daughter to Red Lobster one Sunday after church. As they were eating, he saw something move in his salad. It was a GRASSHOPPER!! LOL

He covered it with a bowl and called the manager over. The manager said that he wouldnt be charged for the salad. LOL LOL

My father in law said he wasnt paying for anything and they were leaving. The manager said he would call the police. My father in law said, "Go ahead. I will wait for them. Meanwhile I will show everyone waiting what I just found." Then he walked out. LOL

That was Red Lobster in Jonesboro, Georgia. It was several years ago but its still digusting and funny at the same time.

I just cant believe you could be a manager and walk over to a customer who has a grasshopper in the salad and casually say, "You wont be charged for the salad". That sounds like something from Punk'd.

LOL

I have a Red Lobster story too.

My ex father in law took my daughter to Red Lobster one Sunday after church. As they were eating, he saw something move in his salad. It was a GRASSHOPPER!! LOL

He covered it with a bowl and called the manager over. The manager said that he wouldnt be charged for the salad. LOL LOL

My father in law said he wasnt paying for anything and they were leaving. The manager said he would call the police. My father in law said, "Go ahead. I will wait for them. Meanwhile I will show everyone waiting what I just found." Then he walked out. LOL

That was Red Lobster in Jonesboro, Georgia. It was several years ago but its still digusting and funny at the same time.

I just cant believe you could be a manager and walk over to a customer who has a grasshopper in the salad and casually say, "You wont be charged for the salad". That sounds like something from Punk'd.

Wow, it's amazing that the manager was such a jerk. EVERYTHING should have been for free and he should have appologized for the nastiness.

................ they couldn't serve us our meals because the Board of Health had just closed them down......

I do believe we have a ..............

winner1.jpg

LOL, Yeah, that is really bad when they tell you they can't serve you because they were just shut down.

About 20 years ago, when I still lived in Indianapolis, IN, a Taco Bell was shut down temporarily, as well as all staff was fired after Human Fecal matter was found in the refried beans. Zebs BBQ was also shut down due to habitual failing Board of health policies. BTW, I don't care if Zeb spit on it, best ribs you could put in your mouth.

Reminds me of this commercial: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkeqKgM24TQ"]Toyota Corolla: Sandwich Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back