What wheel is this and how big of a tire can I run?

-

73SlantSwinger

Reaction score
So I want to run bigger rims/tires on the front of my Valiant, 67 model with BBP.....What wheels are these? I can't seem to find em anywhere.....the car has skinny tires on it now and I want to swap them out. Maybe if I can find the brand of rim, etc then I can see if they make a wider one. The back of the rim says ET 19.....15x4

Val1.jpg

Val3.jpg

How wide do you want to go? I ran 15x7" cop rims on my Duster for awhile, they had a 4.25" backspace and I was able to run a 225/60/15 but that was pretty well maxed out for clearance. You can't run a whole lot more than 4.5" of backspace in the front with a 15" rim because of UCA, ball joint and brake clearances, and because of the limited sizes/profiles available tire height becomes a problem as you go wider.

they make this ultra warrior in a 15x7 with 4inch backspace, u think they will fit on the front wth no issues? this will be my only option if i wanna stick with this same rim.....

15 x 7 with 4" backspace should be O.K. You might not be able to go to a 225 tire. But every car is slightly different.

So I want to run bigger rims/tires on the front of my Valiant, 67 model with BBP.....What wheels are these? I can't seem to find em anywhere.....the car has skinny tires on it now and I want to swap them out. Maybe if I can find the brand of rim, etc then I can see if they make a wider one. The back of the rim says ET 19.....15x4

View attachment 1714968056

View attachment 1714968057

If it says ET on the back then it's an old ET brand wheel. They're out of business but it looks like you've found something similar.

No, "E-T" never made wheels like that. In this case, being a modern design of wheel, the "ET19" refers to the wheel offset in millimeters. ET is the abbreviation for the German word Einpresstiefe. I would guess these 4" wide wheels with a 19mm offset have a backspacing of about 82.5mm or 3.25".

-
Back