What will it run

-

F21

Reaction score
OK going to the track Saturday different combo than last time
What do we think it’ll run

73 duster if I remember right 3250 with me in it 340 stock stroke 30 over 9.7 compression Lonetti 545 565 mechanical cam B1 heads hand worked crane 1.5 rollers Edelbrock airgap intake 750 Holly I think 82 jetting in the front 86 in the rear 727 trans manual valve body 3200 stall 391 gear 26 Hoosier QuickTime Super stock springs let’s hear your thoughts on estimated horsepower as well as what will it run oh MSD knock off distributor with orange box initial timing 22° 37 total

Faster than a Briggs and Stratton and slower than a blown Hemi.

There are B1 small block heads? i thought they were only for BB

With the tires he did it hooks

Yes they do make B1 small block heads they’re kind of a pain in the *** to put into A body had to make they had her for the driver side

With the tires he did it hooks

Yes they do make B1 small block heads they’re kind of a pain in the *** to put into A body had to make they had her for the driver side
well pewp.... i had no idea.. learn something every day :)

Probably make a "honest" 425-450 hard to say what it will run, that depends on chassis, converter and track

Can I drive I think so but doesn’t everybody think they can drive ha ha ha

I was thinking horsepower is probably around 350

And maybe a high 12 .9

Unfortunately "first time out in a while" is a factor lol.

Let us know what it runs and weel reverse engineer the rest. :thumbsup:

what’s the duration on that cam?
as said above probably going to need more converter.

I was thinking horsepower is probably around 350

And maybe a high 12 .9
I think you will start out in the 13’s and depending on how many runs you can get it, you might see a 12.999. Give it hell!

A stock stroke 340 with a cam that’s 272/[email protected] would be wanting a stall speed of 5500-6000...... or more.

It’ll be interesting to hear what kind of 60’ times that combo yields.

I had a 4500 stall but was horrible cruising around town so sent it back to PTC and they tightened it up said it was about 3200 now should be interesting to see what happens

I had a 4500 stall but was horrible cruising around town so sent it back to PTC and they tightened it up said it was about 3200 now should be interesting to see what happens
That's like a stock converter for that cam.

You killed yourself right there. Good luck

I’m probably just getting old....... but if I were trying for something snappy on the streets to go along with my 3200 converter........I’d probably use a cam that’s 20-25*@.050 less than 272/280.

If the converter actually flashes to only 3200......a shorter cam could go quicker.

Ok so good day nothing broke
It was hot Like 92
Car ran exactly what I thought it would but not as good was hoping for take a look at this time slips The fastest 60 foot and 1/8 but slowest1/4 and mph what are your thoughts on these slips

1E4D44FD-ACC8-4709-8614-D939016FAF80.png

AD7A9936-7975-43ED-8E9D-1175CE4F1C46.png

35B14AF6-5EE5-4606-9CB8-B7D7B323644B.png

Fix your 60 ft and mph wise you got some low 12's, good luck !

Hey I was pretty close! It looks like you and the car have more in the tank. Keep working on that launch/suspension , and you should see mid 12’s.

-
Back