What will my car weigh?

-

mhuppertz

Reaction score
I know, it's one of those questions, but what can I expect a stock bodied 1969 Dart GT to weigh with a 440 and a A833?
I am trying to estimate the performance of my car so I am not surprised (in a bad way).

I don't know why, but vehicle weights interest me very much. Sometimes they're very surprising! With or without A/C? I imagine you DO have a floor console, since it's a 440 in a GT. I'll guess and say 3475 lbs......or as high as 3600 lbs.

With A/C, but I am switching to a newer, lighter A/C setup.
The registration shows 2,890 but that is with the 273/904 and 7 1/4" grenade with the pin pulled. And it is a console car.
I was hoping for no more than 3,200, but I might be dreaming.

I'd think 3300lbs tops, without you in it of course. If you just want to run some calc's, go a little high, and then when you're faster, all will be good :D.

Also depends if you're going to run a cast iron intake (which I wasn't considering) and a cast iron water pump housing too.

The barracuda weighs 3320 with full tank and me in it. It is also an even 50/50 split front to rear.. Guess I should say I am 170.

I'd think 3300lbs tops, without you in it of course. If you just want to run some calc's, go a little high, and then when you're faster, all will be good :D.

Last time I weighed my 72 Dart IIRC 3240lb. That was with glass hood,valance,iron head 400/451, auto,steel wheels, full exhaust etc. I have since changed a few things, I need to weigh with the current setup.

-
Back