What wire is this???

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
It is on a 73 duster non rally dash its a blue wire with a white strip its the one beside the fuel sending unit.

You are gonna haveta be a lot more specific than THAT

WHERE are you looking? Under the dash? Back by the fuel tank? In the trunk?

What sort of end connector is on it?

Thats power supply directly from ignition switch hot in run to the instrument panel. Supplies 12 volt to gauge limiter, park brake indicator lamp, oil warning lamp, varries from model to model.

Thats power supply directly from ignition switch hot in run to the instrument panel. Supplies 12 volt to gauge limiter, park brake indicator lamp, oil warning lamp, varries from model to model.

just wondering because I just put a new custom aftermarket dash in and everything works except the windshield wipers.

Is the wiper switch chassis grounded ? Original mount in metal provided that .

Is there a ground wire in/with the windshield wiper switch/plug

The switch is actually grounded by the switch housing when it is installed into the cast cluster housing. Another words, internally grounded. What is your new custom dash made of?

The switch is actually grounded by the switch housing when it is installed into the cast cluster housing. Another words, internally grounded. What is your new custom dash made of?

I dont have it in the new dash.I have it to the side of the cluster right beside the ac/heater controls.So it is mounted in metal.

-
Back