what with this car on ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears to be a scam artist to me. Garage find 20 years? Why the hell does it have 130,000 miles. Vietnam vet car. Please! Why are the quarters so rusted out if it's been a barn for 20 years?

Just to say, it never says that it was in a barn for 20 years, just "resting" so obviously from the condition outside...this car has been on ebay forever, literally I don't know why this guy bothers, and he always starts the bidding at $2,999.00, this guy is just dreaming.

I saw it today too. I thought if you can't figure this one out you should lose your money.

You don't believe this guy's story?

71NewDuster1.jpg

Fuggetabouit!

Jeez,how many times has this popped up?

I've seen this at least twice now..

if it was stored in a barn for 20 years that mean in sat since 88. It could have gone 100,000 miles between 1970 and 1988 no problem. I've seen some sad barns too. Leaky roof, Wood floor, just damp conditions = lots of rust.

A friend is doing a 71 Cuda . Sat in a garge for the last 15 years. Looks like it sat in a lake for 15 years before that.

I dont really believe the story either but just because a car was stored a long time doesnt mean it should be mint.

if that dumbass put his foot on my car like that,he would carry the biggest country azz wooping he ever had!I dont car how rusty it is.

He must have his weight on the front of the car to even it out, to compensate for the rotted t-bar crossmember. And cover the huge hole in the grille from hitting pedestrians in crosswalks.

doesn't the odometer go to 99,999 miles?? then rolls over to 100,000? If it has 130,000 on it. either the orginal owner kept really good track of the miles and has documentaion of it or he's lieing. But if you look at the odometer picture it looks like it has more miles on it than 30k but you can't really see it.

Ask John, Fastback340 about it. He may know something. He posted a link to it earlier. The E-bay seller and John are both from the same area.
(Keep in mind an area of about 3 million people.)

Which was the barn find? The car or the specimen with his foot on the bumper?

Cant you just hear the car saying "Get your smelly claude hopper off of me"!!

Barn find...along with mice damage, bird damage, 2 feet of dust, leaking roof, dog and pig urine, pitchfork tossed through the 1/4 panels......and raccoon feces.
EASY RESTO.......:toothy10:

alan627b

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back