What would you do?

-

DART340

Reaction score
We have a 70 2 dr fury with 383 engine that only has about 30,000 miles on it. The car is definitly not a driver right now but it does run. My question is there any value to this car as a whole or just worth the value of the engine? I need to sell it and would listen to any offers.

2dr C bodies of this vintage are great looking cars and very uncommon. If it's complete and not rusty, I wouldn't part it. The total absence of rero parts makes them ver difficult (expensive) to restore. If I wasn't buried under projects, 4 current non-drivers, I'd be interested.

I don't think most persons understand that although a vehicle may be worth 40 grand when restored, it would take 40 grand to restore it

We have a 70 2 dr fury with 383 engine that only has about 30,000 miles on it. The car is definitly not a driver right now but it does run. My question is there any value to this car as a whole or just worth the value of the engine? I need to sell it and would listen to any offers.
Is there anyway you could hang onto it as it will be worth more (hopefully) when the economy gets better, I agree with Irazor cool car to restore, is it a legit big block car or did someone put that 383 in there?? I would definiatly NOT part it out if it is legit big block.

Is there anyway you could hang onto it as it will be worth more (hopefully) when the economy gets better, I agree with Irazor cool car to restore, is it a legit big block car or did someone put that 383 in there?? I would definiatly NOT part it out if it is legit big block.
C-bodies are getting more and more scarce cuz people just pull the engine, sell it, and part the rest of the car out even if its a good car. Makes me very sad. Also, alot of people pull the engine out and crush em right off the bat. All mopars are getting scarce. Save it8)

:worthles: I love C-bodies:) Save it!!!!! Me cruising in the 70 Newport convertible, original big block car (383). Man do they float down the highway.......guess thats also why they call them boats:) (other than being big.)

Attachments

• P7121127.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 157
I will get pics this weekend and post them. It is a dark brown paint with paisely print vinyl top and paisely print interior and i have a roll of the original paisely print cloth as a backup

C-bodies are getting more and more scarce cuz people just pull the engine, sell it, and part the rest of the car out even if its a good car. Makes me very sad. Also, alot of people pull the engine out and crush em right off the bat. All mopars are getting scarce. Save it8)

i thought that was all c-bodies were built for. motor donor for a-bodies.. :)

crushed a few of them.. the latest was the donor for the 360 in my dart now...

The paisley top and interior were offered during Mopar's wild and crazy days of mod/psychadelic colors and schemes. Although it might not be rare, it is uncommon to find many of them still on the street or at car meets. Someone may want the entire car in order to bring it back to its original look.

As far as the engine, there is a difference in horsepower between the two barrel and the four barrel versions. My 1969 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible has the 4 barrel 330 horse 383 which only differed significantly from the 335 horse 383 (Road Runner, Super Bee) in its cam and carb jetting. Same compression ratio pistons and exhaust manifolds.
Heavy duty 727 and driveshaft connected to the heavy duty 489 carrier of the 8 3/4 rear. It also has the humongous dual snorkel air cleaner. I originally bought it for the engine but after driving it around I decided to keep it. It's a fun car with the top down. Oh, yeah, it has power windows, power front disc brakes, power driver's bucket seat, buddy seat with map pocket, and a/c.

Decode the fender tag and it may have many valued mechanical parts.

:worthles: I love C-bodies:) Save it!!!!! Man do they float down the highway.....

Yep, '69-'73's have a unique ride, it's as if they are floating, hard to understand unless you've ridden in one of 'em. I agree, try to sell it intact.

-
Back