What year bumpers work on a 73 Duster?

-

danielb927

Reaction score
Does anyone know which bumpers would be interchangeable with a 73 (74, 72, etc...) and is it different for the front and rear?

I seen somewhere in the last few weeks a 73 that had a 72 bumper on the rear. If I remember they had to modify the bumper brackets

Put the bumper closer to the body

Daniel,
73-76 are interchangeable, after 73 they had the shock absorbing bumpers.What are you trying to accomplish? I had to section my rear bumper to pull the sides in but as far as how it fit behind the rear it was very tight to the body.
As far as the front one goes thats a whole different story:-D:-D:-D
Andrew

rear bumper  1.jpg

rear bumper  2.jpg

rear bumper 3 .jpg

front bumper 12.jpg

front bumper 13.jpg

front bumper 16.jpg

front bumper 15.jpg

73 didn't have the shock absorbers. As far as I know, 70-73 are all the same except for jack slots in the 73.

Just trying to figure out which ones will work since it's not always easy to find exactly the ones you're looking for. I found a re-chromed front for 300, is that a pretty good deal?

well i just went through this and 73 fronts are one year only (due to no shock absorbers)
rears are 73-76. you can pull the brackets and all on a 74-76 and bolt them up though (this last part is second hand info i have not tested it

$300 for rechromed is a good deal. I spent $485 to have my 73 front done. I have the steel bracket for the front if you need it. Also may have mounting brackets. Let me know if you need either or both.

I stand by my original statement - 70-72 will interchange with no modifications with a 73. Just went out in the garage and checked - 73 rear bolt pattern is exactly the same as the 70-72 - brackets are the same. Only difference is the jack slots on the 73.

So, summarizing, 73-76 rears are the same, and 70-73 fronts are the same minus the jack slots that were only there in the 73?

Not quite correct. Front 70 and 71 the same. 72 front similar but with jacking slots. 73 front went to the larger and longer width due to the 5 mph requirement. Still had normal brackets. 74 same bumper but some had normal brackets but most had shock absorbers for mounting. 72 and 73 rear similar with jacking slots and normal mounting brackets. 74-76 had the new larger bumpers with shock absorbers.

-
Back