Whatcha doin this morning????

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
So, Whatcha all doing this morning. Its a balmy 19 degrees in Clayton N.C. and I stayed up late last night and masked and painted my spare front grill. It was fun painting outside on the back deck with temps in the low 20's at 2 A.M. But I got it done around 3:00 A.M. and I have already got my 3 hrs sleep and went outside and swapped out the grill. Thank God for cordless drills. Man it was Freezing out there this morning. Actually took off the old grille and brought it into the house and changed the script, lenses, and gaskets. I figured while I was out there I would also change out my headlight retaining rings, the ones on the car were old and I found a nice polished set on E Bay, they came in yesterday so why not change em out. I will take a picture of the "new" grille and post it up here later. Looks really good for a do it yourself job!!!!!!

dustergrill1jpg.jpg

dustergrille2jpg.jpg

dustergrille3jpg.jpg

Holy moly! How in the heck can you paint anything in freezing temperatures? I wouldn't think that ice crystals would stick to your workpiece. Did you break out the hair dryer to get the paint to set?

Getting ready to walk the dogs. It's about 20 here and i'm really getting tired of freezing my *** off walking these monsters.

Actually I sprayed the grill silver first and brought it right into the house to dry. then masked off the front of the grill, and brought it back outside and sprayed the charcoal grey. I think it came out pretty good actually. I could not stand my old grille. It was all silver and had spots where the paint was flaked. This one really brings out the front of the car.Wife thinks I've lost my mind but she does not understand how I am a dedicated Mopar Maniac, thus the name dustermaniac!!!!!!

Yer a die hard!!!

As for me, doing some things around the house, laundry(no woman in the household to do it, sooooooo) cleaning up, getting ready to make the ham barbecue mix for game time.

It's 9 degrees outside, and only about 7 in the garage, so no work on the Barracuda right now, that's for sure.

I have a room in the basement that was originally going to be a family room, but with only me and the older son living here(younger son(20) is moving back soon) I have no plans to sink the $$$ into it to make it a family room, so, I will sink the $$$ into it to make it a work shop with all the amenities I need!!!

FF

I wish I had that luxury here but all I got is a crawlspace under the house, that wouldn't work as a workspace. So I made the best of what I had and got it done. I will admit it is brutally cold outside this morning. Reminds me of when I lived in Massachusetts. Up there it was almost 6 months of this cold, so I have been spoiled living here for 2 yrs but it did feel kind of crisp being outdoors this morning. plus my stuffed up nose seems to clear up and run like a faucet in this weather so I was able to clear my head so to speak.

Waiting for the snow to stop so i can go out and shovel..then watch the Patriots hopefully win again:cheers::cheers:

ya it,s cold here/ my friend john called and ask me how his heater core comes out on his 02 s10, with air. said his heater won,t frie up and has the space heaters on.burr. he has his dakota.pup for back up does not have to be done today. i just don,t know if i won,t to go out to help? als

i am selling some stuff to make room for other stuff see other stuff for sale and them will take the kids to see a movie

Wanted to duck hunt this morning but the pond was frozen. 20 degrees and snowing this morning so my garage is a little cold to work on my car.

winter fish.jpg

still suffering with this cold, every time i cough feels like i am inhaling fire....

Now I'm getting ready to take the Ramcharger out for a spin.... The tires are locked in ice though.....

Can I go too,Dad?:-D

no prob!

if you can fit into a carry-on or be less than a kilo. He is still packing. Helps to have a good scale! His flight leaves tonight! Can you get here in time?
:-D

getting our first snow here this winter! it's a crisis! gotta have? maybe? 1/4" on the ground now! Man 0 Man the worlds gonna cease to exist now!

:cheers:

getting our first snow here this winter! it's a crisis! gotta have? maybe? 1/4" on the ground now! Man 0 Man the worlds gonna cease to exist now!

Better watch out. You're mayor will call in the army to help out. Really... any second now he's gonna make the call.

Wylde1 (not doing much of anything right now).

no prob!

if you can fit into a carry-on or be less than a kilo. He is still packing. Helps to have a good scale! His flight leaves tonight! Can you get here in time?
:-D

:cheers:

Tonight? Well I would have to uncover the Cuda and put the battery back in and take it off the jackstands and check the antifreeze and get some gas and pack a bag(shorts and a t shirt)and maybe get her washed and tell the wife,point it due east and floor it! No problem.8)

I'm sharpening drill bits for next weeks jobs.Nothing worse than trying to drill holes with dull bits.:angry7:

Damn it's just a another day in So Cal 78 degrees at noon, just poking around the garage with a Corona oh and wearing shorts. I hate California so much. Maybe a little welding today on my buggy.

House cleaning day so I am hiding in the office sitting here on FABO, Craigslist and Ebay making it look like I'm cleaning the desk whenever Nikki walks by :snakeman:

I had plans of droping the gas tank and rear end out of the Cuda this morning. Instead I'm sitting here with my stomach about to kill me.

-
Back