whats a /6 worth

-

goatboy

Reaction score
I have a /6 that is in my 71 dart swinger, single barrel holley with a 904 transmission behind it. I am swapping it out for a 360. Is my old /6 worth anything? It runs great just not the power I want. I am hoping to swap it out in April. I figure you guys would be the best to ask. Thanks

It took me 6 months to find somebody to take mine for free but that was ten years ago. My local recycler pays $.04/lb for scrap iron so if your slanting six weighs in at around 500lbs that would be about $20.00. A good slant six trans should be worth $75.00.

Why don't you check over at slantsix.org? There are always people looking for the slant over there (and will pay too!)

thanks guys. I am not looking to get rich or anything but a running motor is a running motor, and someone should want it. I will check slant six. thanks again.

I've got a few /6's, but I like to keep them. I've put them in cheap cars before, like free 4 door Darts and things. They make for a good cheap daily driver.

Gee when I asked about swapping to a v8 in my area, a guy wanted my /6 right away. Don't know if he wanted to buy it though=P~. He belongs to a /6 club, not sure if he needed it or just wanted to have a spare.

I think I am going to try to see if i can get the /6 into my dakota once I put the 360 in the dart. anyone know if that will work? thanks b

I think I am going to try to see if i can get the /6 into my dakota once I put the 360 in the dart. anyone know if that will work? thanks b

Hello and welcome to this great site goatboy:cheers:
How far are you from Jonesboro Arkansas and is your motor a 225/?

Mike
He is over by Kansas City and yes its a 225.
You never did call me???
Frank

Sorry Frank, It has been crazy here and I have been trying to get back to my ol self again :-D PM sent bud. I am typing left handed and getting better everyday :-D

I was looking for stuff on Ebag yesterday, someone is trying to sell a complete 225 with all accessories on it for $700,

I told him good luck

sold mine with 904 tranny for $60. both were in good shape. guy wanted to put something "different" in his rat rod.

i paid 40 dollars for just a slant six block. but its a BH block. which doug dutra says is better for building a performance slant, and i knew the block was good. unlike my original. im sure you can pick up a free one here and there. but who knows what it looks like when you tear it apart.

Anything will work with a little ingenuity! :) There are a couple of the Slant 6 guys on slantsix.org that have put them in Dakotas (and several other things :).

The last three /6's I got rid of went cheap. I sold two at once to a guy for $25 each and the other I threw in with a car deal. I ask and get just over scrap value to keep them from getting junked. They aren't worth a lot of money but they are a fun, neat little engines with lots of potential. Hate to see them get scrapped but don't expect to get rich.

i sold a great running one with perytronix ign. for $50 not too long ago. not really worth much more then that.

If it ran and was free I would take it. I am planning a 360 swap myself but will keep the 225 for a spare. It is a fun little motor. I was/am thinking of just hop it up and leave it in instead of the swap. The jury is still out...
Mine is not running well, but i thinks it the carb. ANd the car is just going to be a cruiser not racer. But then what will I do with the 360 I bought????

If it ran and was free I would take it. I am planning a 360 swap myself but will keep the 225 for a spare. It is a fun little motor. I was/am thinking of just hop it up and leave it in instead of the swap. The jury is still out...
Mine is not running well, but i thinks it the carb. ANd the car is just going to be a cruiser not racer. But then what will I do with the 360 I bought????

I took my all original been in the family since it was less than 1 yr old 1973 Goldduster and 360'd it ten years ago. NO REGRETS!!!!! Still had to give away the low mileage perfect running condition six to get rid of it.

At this point, If I ever do an engine swap for a 340, I'm turning my old /6 into a coffee table. :)

(Or keeping it lying about for a spare. Never know when you'll find another prefectly good a body needing an engine.)

I put mine on Craigslist for free...it was gone the next day.

-
Back