whats better 6a or 6al

-
ya i have a tach adapter im using on my other car so if i have to ill rip it out from there and then sell that tach.. its not a autometer its a cheapy that changes 7 diff colors that i got for like 60 works good though

The 6al is nice not just because of the rev limiter but because there are so many options to choose from if you need them later on down the road, such as a timing retard switch, two step or three step box, rpm activated switches for shift lights, and the list goes on. I got the Mopar Performance ignition box which is a MSD 6AL with Mopars name on it. I sell them all, the 6A is $204.47 the 6AL is $249.99 and the Mopar Performance box is around $235.00. "I'm not looking to make a sell I just wanted to give you a reference point to go by for prices."

If you decide to get the 6A you can upgrade it down the road. MSD charged me $30 to convert it to the 6T to put a MSD plug in rev limiter. I got mine as a Christmas present. Later I had it converted over. I'm glad I did. A few times I tested the limiter.

Fred B

but what is the max rpm for the 6A?

had an input shaft brake in my transmission a few years back it broke when shifting from 2nd to 3rd at fullthrotle and 7500rpm my tach showed over 8000rpm before i got of the throtle so you will probably blow the motor long before the box gives up... for me, i will buy a box with a limiter in it as soon as i can make up my mind what kind of box i want

I rev to about 7200 with a 6A. The only time I feel it needs a rev limiter is when I let the wife drive -she has a problem with the quarterstick and manual valvebody. :)

Greg

Yay there I'am new here and I have a mallory hyfire cd igntion that has all the features of the digital for only $240 adjustrev limiters, and window swtichs, it has a nitrous retard that I use with the nitrous I have it setup to pull 6 degrees out when the nitrous system is actually adding power. You can do all this with a touch of a button. With no chips or dials. I think it is a really good box and I think it is better than the digital 6. or and 6a or 6al

Just a recomendation

Thanks

-
Back