What's for supper tonight?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of us cook some tasty meals. What's cooking tonight? I need to get some bacon on the big cookie sheet and get it in the oven. I pepper it and sprinkle some brown sugar on top. 10 min or so and it is candy. It will go on BLT's with some fresh tomatoes. So far, so good.

bacon 6.jpg

bacon5.jpg

Honey BBQ chicken wings, baked potato, and coleslaw. Butter pecan for desert.
Edit. Almost forgot the Baileys and coffee with desert. Iced with dinner. Hot, for breakfast.

And TM Mike, I could eat all that bacon! Yummy!

Last edited:
Nice! Love the scenery in the background. NC I see.
Yes, N Carolina. Just getting settled in the new place here. Moved out of Florida after getting hit last year with that hurricane. We were at 2.5 ft above sea-level in FL, were at 2380ft here. Nice and cool.

Yes, N Carolina. Just getting settled in the new place here. Moved out of Florida after getting hit last year with that hurricane. We were at 2.5 ft above sea-level in FL, were at 2380ft here. Nice and cool.

Very nice area! I've driven through the Nantahala Gorge a number of times. Damn, it's beautiful.

My wife made pan fried chicken tenders , mashed potatoes and green beans. Nothing outrageous but it was yummy!

Chicken wAngs with Kitty's home made hot sauce, lima beans and home made mac and cheese.

New York strip steak, and bacon. Been on carnivore diet since first of june. So all I eat is red meat, bacon and eggs.

Did some baby backs on the charcoal kettle grille last Saturday. Used briquettes and some hickory chips. Low and slow for an hour or so. Topped off with some good bbq sauce. Beers too of course!

Made some salmon tonite
It was so good, I was told I'm making it again tomorrow

The marinade contains of

Ginger
Garlic
Crushed red peppers
Oil
Soy sauce
Honey

(Sorry, I don't measure stuff, I only eyeball it)

I used about half of that for a marinade

Then after I cook the salmon I scolded the rest of the mixture and pour that over the salmon

Served with mashed taters

I made a deer tenderloin with cheese and jalapeño stuffing wrapped in bacon. And home made cheddar poppers. On the smoker

received_639844354931513.jpeg

received_844212977235947.jpeg

received_611370847865269.jpeg

Leftovers from Saturday. Rosemary Chicken done on the rotisserie in the Weber, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans from the farm stand that were slow cooked all day with some bacon for flavor. Sorry, no photos as we ate it all.

Everyone is sick at my house, so Julie made chicken tortilla soup. It’s just chicken, hominy,jalapeño ,tomato and spices, but she cooks it for 6+ hours. I ate the first bowl that had all the fixings, this was round two with just some hot sauce splashed in.

IMG_4034.jpeg

12 inch plate. 1-1/2 inch thick steak. Enough said….

IMG_1031.jpeg

-
Back