What's going on here?

-

amazon69

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just put the factory inlet manifold on my 360 LA and I have gaps in the middle each side, shown on the pics as best I could. Does fluid run through those or what? Doesn't look at all right to me..it's the same inlet that I took off the same heads so it's confusing me (doesn't take much mind). Also, I have a pair of metal gasket type things as shown in the pic..what are they for? Cheers all, your help is much appreciated.
mopar03.jpg
mopar02.jpg
mopar01.jpg

cheers all you hel ?

funny how the pic snuck in there

at any rate, those are your heat cross over ports
they are supposed to heat up the bottom of the carburetor
great if you live in alaska, great for causing vapor lock if you live in commiefornia

most aftermarket intakes dont utilize them, and many aftermarket gaskets close them off

odd indeed on the text..sorry about that. No fluid doing to run out anywhere then, and no vacuum leaks? That's good news. Any idea what the metal plate things are? I just put the normal gasket on each side between heads and inlet, seems fine, but it makes me itchy having things left over..

nah, having parts over simply means you improved on the design

(or it means they included one or two extra specific gaskets to make the same kit work on an array of applictions, which is probably what happened here)

there ill be no coolant, exhaust or vacuum leaks because of the heat cross over

The metal plates are for blocking the exhaust crossover ports so the intake runs cooler for more torque.

^^This^^ is wrong. I completely overlooked the third picture. 65Val is right about them being for stock iron intakes. Sorry about the min-information

Last edited:
at any rate, those are your heat cross over ports
they are supposed to heat up the bottom of the carburetor
great if you live in alaska, great for causing vapor lock if you live in commiefornia

most aftermarket intakes dont utilize them, and many aftermarket gaskets close them off

Those holes are not exactly the heat crossover ports. They surround the exhaust crossover ports. If they were the ports they'd have exhaust coming out of them. I assume Mopar put them there to prevent hot exhaust gasses passing through from superheating the already hottest part of the heads

Those tin shim gaskets are for use with factory cast-iron intakes. Aluminum intakes should use the Fel-Pro style composite gaskets.

Hi,

I've just put the factory inlet manifold on my 360 LA and I have gaps in the middle each side, shown on the pics as best I could. Does fluid run through those or what? Doesn't look at all right to me..it's the same inlet that I took off the same heads so it's confusing me (doesn't take much mind). Also, I have a pair of metal gasket type things as shown in the pic..what are they for? Cheers all, your help is much appreciated.
mopar01-jpg.jpg

Those holes are not exactly the heat crossover ports. They surround the exhaust crossover ports. If they were the ports they'd have exhaust coming out of them. I assume Mopar put them there to prevent hot exhaust gasses passing through from superheating the already hottest part of the heads
Presumably those crescent shaped recesses are an expansion relief for that hot port area of the head. Or prevents the oil from being baked.

Last edited:
-
Back