What's Happening With Postage?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I must be dumb. I have accepted that when I buy or sell a car part and send it USPS that I will have to sell my first born to pay for it where-as big companies get a greatly reduced rate. This week I went to the local Post Office to mail five medium manilla envelopes. All five were the same size and weight but were sent all over the country, one in my own town. The price= $2.16 each no matter the distance. Today I mailed a sixth one, same envelope and same Post Office, price= $1.92. Sorry, this really bugs me. Is there something I am missing? Shouldn't I expect the Federal government to be more consistent? Help me out here, Thanks.

I must be dumb. I have accepted that when I buy or sell a car part and send it USPS that I will have to sell my first born to pay for it where-as big companies get a greatly reduced rate. This week I went to the local Post Office to mail five medium manilla envelopes. All five were the same size and weight but were sent all over the country, one in my own town. The price= $2.16 each no matter the distance. Today I mailed a sixth one, same envelope and same Post Office, price= $1.92. Sorry, this really bugs me. Is there something I am missing? Shouldn't I expect the Federal government to be more consistent? Help me out here, Thanks.
Let's not go there. Who knows what happened there.

When I mail something to my own town, it goes 150 miles to a distribution hub and flown back to another town 20 miles away and then…

Since when is the Federal Gubment consistent? This is why Mike doesn't want to go there. In about three more responses, this will BE in the N&P!

The USPS is the biggest money losing proposition ever. It's really too bad.

They must be hard up for help just like everyone else. Ours is embarrassingly trashy sometimes. Extremely overflowing trash cans, weeds growing everywhere bla bla.

just find my F'n Money Order!!! Or at least call me for my $13 "money order inquiry" SCAM!

When you want to ship something, sell it on Ebay, suck up the listing fee and enjoy 80% off shipping through Ebay. I don't know how they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back