Whats it worth?? 63

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! Clarification: The Super Six was a 2bbl version of the slant-6, available from 1977 through 1982. In 1963, it did not exist. Someone might have retrofitted the Super Six intake, carb, air cleaner, etc. onto your '63, but with such low miles that seems unlikely. Dodges of your year range got a "Charger 225" air cleaner decal, and Plymouths got a "Super 225" decal. Do you have one of those?

Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this thread. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download. The engine is almost due for its first valve adjustment. Depending on the production date of your '63, it could have the scarce and interesting aluminum-block 225 engine. Look at the manifold side of the engine block, and count the number of freeze plugs you see. Three freeze plugs = iron engine. Five freeze plugs = '67 or later iron engine swapped in. Zero freeze plugs = aluminum engine.

OK BOYS I CLEANED HER UP AND DID SOME TOUCH UPS AND SPONGE BATHS... and NOW she is ready for sale.... STARTS UP DRIVES GOOD...
like to here we go....

img0635nh.jpg

img0636eg.jpg

img0638rv.jpg

img0640sy.jpg

img0642mu.jpg

img0643ov.jpg

img0645wo.jpg

img0647v.jpg

img0651z.jpg

img0648rp.jpg

img0650cy.jpg

img0652dq.jpg

WHAT DO YOU BOYS THINK SHE WILL BRING? ANYONE INTERESTED?:-k

ONLY OTHER THINGS I WOULD DO, MAYBE A MINOR TUNE UP, AND SOME NEW CARPET AND BRAKE PADS... THAT'S IT...

After further review, we do believe she has turned over.....gulp..... So its 109,550 miles and she is equipped with the gas saver 170 engine....

It looks like a restored car under the hood. Alternator, black wire ties, painted master cylinder, and hose clamps aren't original. The paint is way too nice under the hood and the interior isn't factory with that insert in the seats, is it? Inderside of hood is definately repainted and the hood insulation isn't original. $5000? It looks very nice, though. Carpet looks ugly, and the economy battery looks cheesy.

It looks like a restored car under the hood. Alternator, black wire ties, painted master cylinder, and hose clamps aren't original.
ALL CORRECT.

The paint is way too nice under the hood and the interior isn't factory with that insert in the seats, is it? Inderside of hood is definately repainted and the hood insulation isn't original.

CORRECT
$5000? It looks very nice, though. Carpet looks ugly, and the economy battery looks
cheesy.
I AGREE, LIKE I WAS SAYING I WOULD REPLACE THE CARPET, I PICKED THE CAR UP AT A GOOD PRICE AND PUT SOME TLC ON THE TRUNK AND ENGINE BAY, BOTH LOOKED LIKE VOMIT TO ME, AND I BELIEVE I HAD THE TALENTS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD. I AM NO "CAR RESTORATION GUY" BY NO MEANS. MATTER FACT IM NOT EVEN A MOPAR CAT AT ALL, NOT THAT IM A HATER I LOVE OLD CARS... I JUST SEE SOME POTENTIAL HERE ON A REALLY STRAIGHT 99% RUST FREE CAR. I CAN REPAINT CAR TO MATCH EXACTLY HOOD ENGINE BAY AND TRUNK FOR $1500.. I BELIEVE CAR SHOULD BRING $8,000

It looks like a restored car under the hood. Alternator, black wire ties, painted master cylinder, and hose clamps aren't original.
ALL CORRECT.

The paint is way too nice under the hood and the interior isn't factory with that insert in the seats, is it? Inderside of hood is definately repainted and the hood insulation isn't original.

CORRECT
$5000? It looks very nice, though. Carpet looks ugly, and the economy battery looks
cheesy.
I AGREE, LIKE I WAS SAYING I WOULD REPLACE THE CARPET, I PICKED THE CAR UP AT A GOOD PRICE AND PUT SOME TLC ON THE TRUNK AND ENGINE BAY, BOTH LOOKED LIKE VOMIT TO ME, AND I BELIEVE I HAD THE TALENTS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD. I AM NO "CAR RESTORATION GUY" BY NO MEANS. MATTER FACT IM NOT EVEN A MOPAR CAT AT ALL, NOT THAT IM A HATER I LOVE OLD CARS... I JUST SEE SOME POTENTIAL HERE ON A REALLY STRAIGHT 99% RUST FREE CAR. I CAN REPAINT CAR TO MATCH EXACTLY HOOD ENGINE BAY AND TRUNK FOR $1500.. I BELIEVE CAR SHOULD BRING $8,000
Put it on Ebay with $1 start bid and no reserve. That'll tell you what it's worth.

I was going to say the same thing re: don't make any changes. You'd be looking for a very specific collector type who's going to be very picky about originality. I'm not sure about price, I imagine it wouldn't be a quick sale if you were holding out for more than $7-8k.

Please don't get your feelings hurt but like I said earlier and like others are saying, making changes is a 'negative.' Or in other words, stop messing with it lol.

The base coat / clear coat in the engine compartment hurts. Especially where you painted over the black rubber parts.

FWIW, I looked for my car for 25 years. When I found it, the price wasn't an issue. Maybe you'll find someone that has to have a 63 Dart.

…neither are those air cleaner and valve cover decals, the PCV valve and oil cap are swapped into each other's locations, the radiator cap isn't genuine, the block and transmission cooler lines are for some reason painted black, the battery and spark plug cables aren't correct…the carpet isn't the right colour, the seat upholstery inserts aren't the original type, etc.

None of this is meant to trash the car. It's not a low-miles original, but it is a very nice clean straight car that could easily be made a great deal closer to original-spec.

please don't get your feelings hurt but like i said earlier and like others are saying, making changes is a 'negative.' or in other words, stop messing with it lol.

no feelings hurt, the engine bay looked pretty rough and i wanted to sell a running car that looked great, thus the improvements...i see an guy that wanted to upgrade the car himself doing the same that i have done, its either that, or pull it ebay it and slap a 318 in there... Im done with upgrades , i have a vette to start on..

…neither are those air cleaner and valve cover decals, the pcv valve and oil cap are swapped into each other's locations, the radiator cap isn't genuine, the block and transmission cooler lines are for some reason painted black, the battery and spark plug cables aren't correct…the carpet isn't the right colour, the seat upholstery inserts aren't the original type, etc.

None of this is meant to trash the car. It's not a low-miles original, but it is a very nice clean straight car that could easily be made a great deal closer to original-spec.

yes indeed, some of the items listed were already done when i purchased the car... The carpet to my knowledge is original but stained up...

the base coat / clear coat in the engine compartment hurts. Especially where you painted over the black rubber parts.

Fwiw, i looked for my car for 25 years. When i found it, the price wasn't an issue. Maybe you'll find someone that has to have a 63 dart.

its single stage paint, no clear JUST THE FLORIDA SUN AND SOME Nason PAINT.... The bolts on the engine bay are painted, for my knowledge can you specify what rubber parts were painted..? Thanks

No offense, but after multiple posts (12, 13, 15, 16, 29) saying to not touch it, leave it original, and this is all good advice, you ended up doing quite a bit to it. In your mind, you were "improving", but to many, myself included, that not-quite-perfect original was better. It's still a nice car, don't get me wrong, but putting money/time into a car doesn't always increase the final price it will sell for. Either way, since this turned out to not be a low-miles car, it doesn't matter quite as much as it would have if it had been a low-miles car. I'd have still rather had it untouched as much as possible though.

But, that said, do you have before pics of underhood/trunk (to go with the after pics you've already posted)?

its single stage paint, no clear JUST THE FLORIDA SUN AND SOME Nason PAINT.... The bolts on the engine bay are painted, for my knowledge can you specify what rubber parts were painted..? Thanks

I have no clue about paint, but under the hood is just too shiny making it look redone. As far as the rubber parts, the tips of the Christmas tree fasteners that hold the insulation on the back side of the firewall and the grommet around the throttle linkage are painted instead of black.

Now all this stuff maters to me, but maybe not the next owner. It's not that you did a bad job, but just that it's not original anymore. It is a beautiful car, no doubt. But early A-bodies are the last affordable Mopars so it make take a while to get that kind of coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back