What's it worth 68 Fastback

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
So I'm going to need to sell my Barracuda to fund the next thing. Mostly stuff the whole family can enjoy more. This has been fun building and don't think it will be my last, but for now...

I just put in a rebuilt 72 360 with mostly stock parts and a 340 cam. It has magnum heads, Jegs headers, dual 2.5 exhaust with H pipe, Crosswind intake and new Edelbrock 600 carb. New champion radiator, new electronic distributor and Blaster 3 coil. The 904 tranny has been rebuilt, B&M flexplate and stock converter, and it has an open 8.25 with 3.23 gears. The front end is all rebuilt (bushings, ball joints, links, rod ends, etc) with K member and discs out of a 73 duster so it's BBP now. It starts, runs, drives, and stops awesome now.

The interior is needs carpet, headliner, and front seats recovered. The windows go up and down but not as smooth as they should. the gas gauge works but is not accurate, and the heater controls are disconnected. The radio is there but not working.

The body is wavy with some rust bubbles on the driver side below the door corner and behind the rear wheel. the driver side is better but some smaller bubbles behind the wheel too. Many years ago the drivers door was hit and replaced with another so the jamb striker is weaken and there is a crack in the metal just below the rear window. That's why that door is black on the metal and silver inside the jamb.

I have paperwork on this thing going back to 1970 when I assume the 2nd owner bought it in the Seattle area, He had it for quite awhile and then sold it to somebody else in Seattle who had it awhile who sold it to me 7 years ago.

I have what I think is the original 318 but then again their paperwork showed that motor being rebuilt twice. That motor was running good with supposedly about 30,000 miles on the last rebuild but I wanted more power.

The best place to look is on this flicker page with all the current photos.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/96481859@N05/sets/72157633726694398/"]Barracuda - a set on Flickr[/ame]

So what do you all think?

To be quite frank, I would say a couple grand.

yeah the link is wierd. It's hard to tell what things actually sell for but judging by asking prices I'm positive you couldn't show me any other ads for a better car for under $3000. I think you would be hard pressed to show me a better car for under $5000. This is what I was asking though so thanks for your honesty.

I would say list it for $6,000 and see where you get - that looks like a super nice start sounds healthy..

I would ask if you're open to trading but the only thing I have worth it is my Neon and I'm not ready to give that up yet

-
Back