Whats it worth

-
I already have another k with disc and all installed that's why the swap
You need the v8 centerlink too.
I restored the car in my avatar myself (formula S) and because I got all hung up on numbers matching I re-did the commando motor with the proper high compression Pistons and the the closest comp cams camshaft that was closest to the stock grind (also, I think the smallest cam comp offers for Chrysler lol) and anyway it was un-inspiring. Really. Perhaps if I did a 340 or 360 or A stroker I might still own the car.
4 speed would be super cool though, so keep all that stuff. And maybe the steering wheel if it cleans up nice. They are a nice wheel. And also the steering Column if the valiant doesn't already have a manual column.

Looking at it again the power brakes stuff would be nice to have too, although not necessary on such a small car.

That valiant will be cool when done! Good Luck with all your decisions.

Last edited:
The Valiant with the 273 commando & 4-speed would be a cool pure stock drag car. Back in the day would probably surprise most people in a race.

call me crazy but I don't know how people can say that car is so rough. theres not enough evidence for that. It appears the drivers's door is rusted and the interior is shot, but isn't that normal? can't see the quarters, floors, or frame rails

call me crazy but I don't know how people can say that car is so rough. theres not enough evidence for that. It appears the drivers's door is rusted and the interior is shot, but isn't that normal? can't see the quarters, floors, or frame rails
Have a better look

Most cars aren't worth fixing in a financial way. Better to buy something some else sunk $20,000-50,000 into and get it for the fraction of the cost.

But if your into creating and restoring cars then it's up to you.

But if you can't afford a complete car but not that into restoring. Then the best option is look for a driver that needs work but can do weekend projects and build as you can afford and enjoy it also in the mean time.

-
Back