Reaction score
65 barracuda
original 273 commando 4 spd

Last edited:
original 273 commando 4 spd

509897246.jpg

509897206.jpg

509897103.jpg

It's worth the cost of scrap. Unless the owner is lazy or dumb. Then you might get it for less.

So 500-750ish

It's worth the cost of scrap. Unless the owner is lazy or dumb. Then you might get it for less.

So 500-750ish

Hahaha.....

I was gonna say MAYBE a grand. It's rough, 273 cars are slow and boring too. Also, if you're gonna restore something and have a choice the early A's are hard to get parts for and are also equally harder to work on.

I've seen those in the corral at some the bigger shows bring 6500-8500 in what I'd call 7/8 out of 10 condition. I.e "driver quality"

You really have to love them and want the build experience to drop 30g or more into one like that. So unless you want it as a parts car or you really want that full build experience I'd save a few more pennies and get one already done or at least driver quality.

It's mine. I bought it for the engine and trans, but thought it might be worth saving if someone really wanted to. Just didn't know how much actual value it may have since its complete and a factory commando 4 speed.

a car like that is worth what it will pat out. ya want to restor it? you better be able to do ALL the w ork, and you will have way more in parts costs than it would ever bring if you sell. that's my take.

why no tach , commado 273 afb carb , 4spd , finned rock'rs covers . well i just sold the floor hump for 275 , paddles 125 , shifter with rods n knob 200 . well worth it .

It's mine. I bought it for the engine and trans, but thought it might be worth saving if someone really wanted to. Just didn't know how much actual value it may have since its complete and a factory commando 4 speed.

clean it up some and throw it on ebay and see where it bids to.. see real fast what its worth.. never know. that guy that really really wants it may just bid it up for you.

Whew, that puppy is rough!! Lots of good parts in it tho!! I would pay $1k for it and make a nice profit selling parts!!

had a 65 s up on ebay once . did not care for selling that way , its an action , good deals are the way of the land . hard to get value on anything , unless your just a whole seller and retail is not your game .

I would drop a grand on it and then drop another 5k trying to fix it. Its not about the money, its about saving another mopar soul

Yes, just like it sits
What are you wanting to put that engine and trani in? Really the 273 commando is lack luster. Consider a 340 or 360. Like someone else said clean that car up like crazy and list it for sale, you might be surprised as to what it may get from someone...

It's worth about two tetanus shots.
Great parts on it! 273 Commando, 4- sp with hurst shifter & bezel...

I would bet if you power wash it, clean the interior, polish the shiney stuff, throw some seat covers on it she will bring 1500 to 2 grand.

in that light car, with a stick and good gears, a good running 273 will give most of us a good thrill!! in a b body, a stock 440 and hemi also gives ( gave a some good thrills too)> ! ha
I agree, part it out and sell the parts or put thm on a better body, or like said, power wash it in and out and s ell it to a lovng home ( with plenty of $$ and or time!! I hate to any car parted, but where do out needed parts come from anyway? oly so much comes from the aftermarket!

If you decide to part it I am looking for a few parts for my 65. Message me

This is where I'm thinking the motor and trans may end up. It needs a passenger lower quarter which I can get new and some floor board work that's all for the hard stuff. Just swap k-members add disc a 8-3/4 with 3.55 suregrip and have fun driving it.

DSCF1342.JPG

DSCF1346.JPG

DSCF1347.JPG

DSCF1348.JPG

That would be awesome. The 273 commando is a good high revving little motor. A lot of people are into the 360 deal, and I know they will provide you with more horses under the hood, but I will keep my 273.

-
Back