-
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestover

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im thinking of selling my 69 swinger.Ive owned it since 1982.LM23P9B car .completely rebuilt #s matching drivetrain,340 automatic power disk brakes,older resto with brand new legendary interior.Too much stuff to list Ill post pics but wondering of what its worth. To be perfect it should have proper floor pans installed which I have.

swinger pic 2.jpg

Restored in 1982 paint is still nice a few bubbles under vinyl top,nice driver all new urethane bushings with suspension parts sandblasted and epoxy painted. New tires ,rims redone with new caps and centres,all new brakes power disk on front engine and tranny professionally rebuilt with top line parts original x heads new interior.factory woodgrain wheel I have original build sheet and fender tag.Its a nice driver that I would like to put on rotissorie and have all parts.Thinking of selling but will probably kick my ***.Just wondering what its worth ballpark .Im in London Ontario 519 439-6894

I Had A 69 Gts.
What A Fun Car.
Im Going To Take A Wild Guess.
Having Not Seen Your Car Im Going To (guess) $8000.00 As Is.
I Could Be Way Off.
It Does Need Need Floor Work.
Thats Not A 5 Minute Job.
Good Luck

I Would Think 8,000 Would Be A Give A Way, Car Is Worth Much More Than That--c'mon A Fact 340 69 Dart...running Driving Mostly Restored....clones Bring More Than That...i Know The Markets Down But That Will Change It Always Does.....my Guess Would Be 12-18 K Possibly More Than That, Its Not A Pos By No Means, Should In An Ideal Market Bring Over 20k.......if It Was Mine I Wouldnt Sell It For Less.....afterall It Is A True Muscle Car And You Would Be Hard Pressed To Find One That Nice For That Kind Of $$$$$ Just My $1.99 Worth + Tax

I'd say 12-15K. I seen a 340 gts car on ebay not sell for 12K and if i remember correctly it 2 was # match just needed the engine compartment cleaned. You would be better off holding on to it now untill the econonmy straightens up.

never ,never judge the price of a car without looking at it or having a pro look at it.
havent any of us learned that.
its easy to tell a guy has car is worth $$$$$$ x amount
from behind your pc.

Wait to sell! Ive got my 69 swinger 340 #'s match that is 95% done for sale and I've had some very low ball offers with guys using the economy and the car market as an excuse to try and steal it.I've had some real decent guys come to look too but everyone is just scared to spend a dime right now,especially on a toy.I dont need to sell mine so Ive got it out there,but thinking about holding off myself. Stay away from E-bay if you can that brings out some real crooks! Good luck with whatever you decide looks like a great car!

don't sell it....when you go to buy another car the market will be back up and you won't be able to buy a omni for less than 8,000.....plus that is a stunning car and you know what cha got....keep fixing it,,,it;s like putting money in the bank.....

.............chas is rite...............u will regret selling it........also remember Barret-Jackson prices r not what they used 2 b.....U r the 1 selling, so u already have a set price in mind, but it is still only worth what some1 will pay........kim.......

Some good info. already posted about your car.

From 1998 - 2001, I owned a 69 340 Swinger with rare options. Very desirable R4 Bright Red (actually the same color was named Charger Red or Competition Red on B bodies in 1969), black deluxe interior, factory air, power disc brakes, power steering, wood steering wheel, full tinted glass package, factory Light package with fender mounted bullet turn signals, AM - FM Music Master, the full size Mag style wheel covers, automatic, 3.55 Sure Grip, bright factory exhaust tips, to name some of the options.

The car had one repaint and looked EXCELLENT. NO RUST in the floors, rockers, roof, quarters, rear window --- NO RUST. Car was built in the LA plant in fall 1968 and was a West Coast car --- NO RUST.

It had owner documentation from the beginning, and was in overall excellent driving condition. Engine was # matching, fender tag was in place, tranny (727) had been replaced in the 1980s, otherwise all matching.

I sold this car in 2001 to buy my 1971 Duster 340...this was 2001 when the global economy was in excellent shape.

The Swinger 340 looked great and drove great. I had a complete, excellent running 1970 340 engine, rebuilt top to bottom, that also went with the car.
A set of factory rallyes in 14 X 5.5 that was also part of the deal...

My car sold for $8,250 in the best time we have had to sell Mopars...

My advice ... keep your car...also be a realist in these times...NOTHING is selling...many of the so-called sales NEVER happen...money many times never changes hands...

Did you follow the January 2009 collector car auctions? The prices were in the dumpster! Lots of examples of low prices for great cars...

Be realistic ... ONLY if you MUST sell .. KEEP the CAR...You will happier and better off in the long run.

I bought this car from original owner,its a 2 owner car,Ive spent over $18000.00 on it motor runs like a swiss watch $4500.00 on rebuild.As I say its a beautiful original driver, paint is 25 yrs old and shows well.Just checking the water as Im probably losing my job shortly.This car deserves a rotoisoree resto I have every part that it originally came with.still has original exhaust manifolds with heat shield. Has a 323 suregrip.Ive been collecting factory parts for years.I planned on putting a factory floor pan so there are no patches. When car was restored I purchased NOS fenders and rt rr quarter as I wanted no patches.It still gets lots of compliments and goes lke a scalded jackrabbit.Original trans was completely rebuilt andreworked with original rebuit converter shifts tight through gears.Came from factory with vinyl top,tailstripe,am radio,woodgrain wheel,deluxe interior wheel well mldgs power disks etc. I would hope to get 16k for it but I know its not time to sell.

at the moment I am at my pc, but I am going to get up and let my wife do the typing so I am standing up, in response to the above [LOL], I WAS NOT TELLING THIS GUY WHAT HIS CAR WAS ACTUALLY WORTH, JUST MY OPINION IF IT WERE MINE, AND IN THE ECONOMY WE HAVE AT THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL THE LOWBALLERS WHO WANT TO GET A PRIZE FOR A CHEVY PRICE, THE RESPONSE I GAVE WAS MY OPINION AND TO ENCOURAGE THE GUY TO NOT GIVE IT AWAY OR FALL INTO ''THE WORLDS GOING TO HELL IN A FORD BASKET'' THE ECONOMY WILL RECOVER AND THE PRICES WILL COME BACK UP[HOW MUCH IS ANYONES GUESS] AND FROM EXPERIENCE AWAY FROM MY PC------- I HAVE SEEN THESE CARS BRING THAT KIND OF MONEY AND MORE......THERE ARE LOTS AND LOTS OF DEALS THAT GO DOWN THAT YOU NEVER SEE OR EVEN HEAR ABOUT..........EVEN WITH THE ECONOMY LIKE IT IS I SOLD A 64 SPORT FURY, A REAL NICE NON ORIGINAL CAR NOT RUNNING WITH THE 440 BUILT MOTOR IN THE LAST 4 MTHS FOR 10.5K, IS NOW A MAX-WEDGE CLONE.....SOLD A 340 WEDGE DUSTER [71] BASKET CASE FOR 3K THAT HAD TO BE HAULED OFF IN PCS ON TRAILER[BASICALLY A HULL WITH PARTS..... SEEN A 69 GTS BBLK DART RUSTED OUT HULL NO TITLE, NO MOTOR,NO GEARS,NO INT,SELL FOR 3000 BUCS AND I COULD GO ON.............SOOOOOO......I STAND BY WHAT I STATED WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH....IN REALITY THAT CAR SHOULD BE WORTH 16-22 GRAND.......WITH INFO PROVIDED........AND BELIEVE ME THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT ARE STILL BUYING, AND SOME ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION WITH THE ECONOMY AND SOME ARE SELLING CAUSE THEY ARE SPOOKED ABOUT THE ECONOMY........IT IS A BUYERS MARKET RIGHT NOW IN SOME WAYS..............BUT IF YOU CAN HANG ON TO YOUR CAR AND NOT GIVE IT AWAY RITE NOW YOU WONT BE KIKIN YOUR OWN *** DOWN THE ROAD....CAUSE NO MATTER WHAT YOU CANT BUY AND BUILD A CAR LIKE THAT FOR 8K ANYWHERE AS A GENERAL RULE.....I AM NOT AN EXPERT, BUT I AM NOT A DUMB *** EITHER....SO DONT PAY ANY ATTETION TO NASAYERS WHO WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING...HELL THEY WONT GIVE 5 BUCS FOR A TEN DOLLAR BILL....LOL.........I AM RELAXING NOW

Nice set of wheels you should hang on to it Darts are great cars and you don't see alot around anymore I live in Ingersoll and have 2 74's maybe I'll run into you at a car show some year 8)

The car is worth 12K minimum, I would not sell it right now for sure. I( am trying to put off selling my 65 dart. You have a wicked car there.

steve i have seen your car in bothwell,i would not take a penny less than 20,000 if it were mine, keep if you can and live in a van.
chris-i bought the x-heads from you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back