whats my barracuda worth

-

32 hooptie

Reaction score
I just finished restoreing a 1973 barracuda i picked up a couple months ago and would like to now what you guys think the value of a correct original numbers 73 barracuda with 90,000 miles. 318 automatic, perfect black interrior, with tag and build sheets car is worth in today's market?
Thanks guys

73 cuda (5).jpg

73 cuda (4).jpg

Well not to offend you but if it were correct the stripe would not be on it and the rear bumber would have guards filling in the holes and also the front would have guards....all depends if you are selling original or modified? let me know I might be interested is this car....either way way cool ride nice job...have any pics of moter and interior...would be easier to guess price....just remember these cars are most sought after on the planet....you should post this on E-Body.com also I have cars there......cool site just starting and is getting more members join it....

you probably have 15 grand into it.....we do need more pics especially the engine and interior....I like it..

The stripe is correct according to the tag V6X and i havent put the guards on yet. This car still had the original FE5 paint and was never repainted before i painted it, never been wrecked either. I got it from a friend who had it 10 years and never did anything with it who bought it from the original owner.

That is a fine looking car. The value of these cars is determined not by what you have in it, time, parts, money etc. The value is determined strictly by what the buyer will pay. Example, I think my car is great and I would sell it for the price I think it is worth. Will somebody pay my price? I doubt it. Maybe, I really don't want to sell. I will tell you I have had two different offers of 25k, when the economy was better,and I have not sold her. I am sure when the time comes, I have my price, I just hope no one ever offers it. After all, I can't go around the block and buy another and I don't want to start all over again. I have had mine for 24 years and it is still not where I want it. Your car is worth what you will take for it. I have seen a couple between 15-18K.

Nice car.. leave those big ugly bumperetees off thats one thing i can stand about the '73 and up mopars..

very nice! i almost bought one just like it a year ago except it was a cuda.......

I have a friend asking $25 -k for an almost identical 340/auto car 1973 as well.

This is his car.

cuda3403.jpg

Most savvy Mopar guys would say $15-k for either car, but as cuda67mentioned earlier, it depends on what the buyer will pay.

See, I looked at my buddies car and said I would give $25-k for a turn key, clean cuda such as his if I had the money, but a guy like another friend of mine that is currently looking for the "right" e-body said he would not go higher than $15 for a car like that.

In that shape, it should bring $16K to $18K with the 318 on the current market. If it were a 340 it would go up by nearly $5K.........just a year and a half back it could have brought 4-5K more than that.......

The market changes........right now, that "magic" buyer that wants that car is what you need.........He's (she's) out there too.......

If that were my car (and I realize it ain't), I would put it through a complete conversion to a Cuda...........but that's me. Been there, done that, and it's a lot of fun and pays well IF you're patient and do good work.

Nice car at any rate.......really nice.......I'd drive that car as my daily ride, and be darned proud of it in the process. Great example of a clean mean E-Body.

That blue book says $27,800 that seemed a bit high to me. Iv seen a few online for $22-$23000 dont know if thell get that. but i havent found any numbers matching 318 barracudas.
When i got the car it had the cuda hood and it does look way better than that stock flat hood but just before i got out my spraygun i decided to go with the original one due to its all original even has the stock am fm multiplex sterio.
Im not sure what to put it up for i always sell my mopars too cheap.
Your friends car isnt original its got the wrong year stripe and front seat cover
from what i can see. I had a 69 road runner 383 4 speed that was a numbers car other than the transmission someone removed the auto and put a 4 speed into it and it had a airgrabber system on it it and people where complaining and i think that hurt what i got for it. i let it go for $16000 my buddy got offered $23 and mine was nicer. heres a pic of it.

022.jpg

-
Back