What's My Car Worth??

-

70Dart499

Reaction score
I recently bought my Dart turn key, but needing a little work, for what I consider and extremely good price, and I just wanted to ask some of your opinions on what it is worth in it's current condition. Now before anyone asks, the car isn't for sale, I'm just asking this question out of curiosity. Now for some info about the Car:

1970 Dodge Dart, original H-Code car. Current engine is a 400 B block stroker with Good Eagle rotating assembly (H-beam rods etc.), Ported stock steel heads with Crane Gold roller rockers, the cam is a purple cam but I don't know the specs because the engine was in the car before I bought it, Holley street Dominator manifold and 850 Demon Carb. Transmission is a 727 with reverse manual valve body, don't know about the converter but it works very well with the engine & trans setup. Rear end is a 8 3/4 with 4:10 gears, with a Moser spool, and axles, new in January 2012. Car has stock front suspension, and stock rear suspension with super stock springs and pinion snubber, as well as three way adjustable shocks. It has a one wire alternator, MSD dist. And 6AL box. The Paint and body is probably a 8 out of 10, it has a few minor scratches and dents but nothing major. The interior is probably a 6 out of ten, it's in decent shape but it's a racecar, so I haven't put much into the interior, none of the gauges work, but everything is there to make them work. It has a New performance Products shifter with line lock, 6 point roll cage, fuel cell, with all new braided fulinens transmission lines, trans cooler, also is mini tubbed. Car has run 7.20 in 1/8th mile, but it much more in it,

Might want to post a couple of pics.

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 355
It's kind of hard to give a valve without pictures. Post some up do a much precise value can be given.

Here Are Some Pics...

CarPhotos018.jpg

100_0807.jpg

100_0816.jpg

P82A0133.jpg

P82A0134.jpg

No good Interior Pics, If it wasn't locked up in the trailer right now I would go snap one. Again, this is just to satisfy my own personal curiosity, so feel free to post your opinions.

by the pics, it looks to have a bit of bondo in the quarters....engine does look nice..... overall not a street car, but imo i would say in current market 9,000

and to smash in the inner fender to get the engine is is showing that it was not done properly, and make someone wonder what else was butchered up to "get it to fit"

"and to smash in the inner fender to get the engine is is showing that it was not done properly"

I think I have a picture somewhere but Hurst performance did a similar thing to the 68 Hemi LO 23 Darts and Hemi Barracudas. There was a picture of a guy with a big sledge hammer smashing in the passenger inner fender of a white car to fit the Hemi.

Here is a picture I found from a real LO 23 dart being restored.

Attachments

• hemi dart shock tower.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 288
It's funny out thier, but your car looks pretty good. If someone is looking for a race car and just depends what they are willing to pay.

right, but that is on a true hemi car, not a 340 car!

Ok thanks guys, I paid WAY under 9K for the car turnkey, because it needed a bunch of minor work, so I'm feeling pretty good about my buy.

by the pics, it looks to have a bit of bondo in the quarters....engine does look nice..... overall not a street car, but imo i would say in current market 9,000

and to smash in the inner fender to get the engine is is showing that it was not done properly, and make someone wonder what else was butchered up to "get it to fit"

I think the 9k was a VERY generous price. Looking at what is out there for sale an Iron headed 400 which most likely is a 451 as this is one of the most common stroked for them and it is a mild race car like that would be tough to give more than 5500 for it.

But this is going off of pictures.. I do wonder about one thing though... Runs 7.20's and does not have any working gauges? Not even an oil pressure gauge?

Lets see how they mini tubbed that car...

Just to clear some things up, none of the stock guages work, but it has an Autometer Tach, Oil Pressure Guage, and Temp Guage. And the engine is NOT a 451, it's a 499.

I think the 9k was a VERY generous price. Looking at what is out there for sale an Iron headed 400 which most likely is a 451 as this is one of the most common stroked for them and it is a mild race car like that would be tough to give more than 5500 for it.

But this is going off of pictures.. I do wonder about one thing though... Runs 7.20's and does not have any working gauges? Not even an oil pressure gauge?

Lets see how they mini tubbed that car...

Let me know were you see a car that nice for $5500.I know a few guys looking.

-
Back