whats needed for a blow through system

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
What would be needed and how would i go about hooking it up? would any junk yard turbo work on my 318 dart. i was thinking a safe 6-8 lbs of boost

You need a carb prepped to work with boost instead of vacuum, you need a fuel pump capable of enough pressure to keep up with the boost and a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, and you need an ignition that can be dialed in to progressively pull timing as the boost comes in.

Simple, huh? LOL

and uh yeah...the turbo, wastegate and blow-off vavle....

Not that I'm planning on doing it or anything....LOL!

Your eyesight must be incredible! I don't think I could use 3/16 gauges! I go with a minimum of 2"! LOL

There are many, let me pull up a couple links....

Long list here:
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=boost+sensitive+ignition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a"]boost sensitive ignition - Google Search[/ame]

I am probably going to run the new msd

The carb? LOL the power valve has to be modified and the bowls and shafts need to be sealed, so to speak (replace floats with boost compatible floats and o-ring the shafts)

You need a carb prepped to work with boost instead of vacuum, you need a fuel pump capable of enough pressure to keep up with the boost and a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, and you need an ignition that can be dialed in to progressively pull timing as the boost comes in.

Simple, huh? LOL

and uh yeah...the turbo, wastegate and blow-off vavle....

Not true. I have my ignition set up normally but set the base at where I want it to be with boost.

Base of 20 degrees and the vac advance hooked up for a total of around 33 degrees while cruising. When boost comes on it retards back to the base of 20. Simple but effective.

Most of the turbos you see in junkyards are on little fours or sixes, too small for a V8 unless you use two of them. Some of the larger diesel turbos could work though.

-
Back