• tool box

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • non of the above

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • other

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
-
My little work truck has an aluminum diamond plate toolbox . I actually had a tonneau cover but I knew I would just fill the bed up with excess crap . Also I throw my mt bike back there periodically so I like the extra room. I like the new fold up covers I might splurge one day and get one of those.

I have a diamond plate tool bow, and a cover on mine. It keeps prying eyes from the stuff in the tool box and the stuff under the cover. Besides, it did help with my fuel mileage albeit only 1 3/4 to 2 miles to the gallon better.

My 2000 Dakota had a hard cover painted to match. Looked good and was handy to protect anything inside but it is impossible to haul anything taller than the box side. My 96 Dakota came with a nice topper and it kept everything inside dry and protected also but there again it was a pain to haul yard waste or lawn furniture to the storage garage. I bought a Truxedo roll up tonneau cover and I really like it. It looks good when closed and I can roll it up in a matter of seconds to expose the whole box for hauling anything I need. Here's a link to my thread on For Trucks Only.
http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckf...007-Truxedo-TruXport-Tonneau-or-similar-cover
tmm

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 408
I had a cab height cap/topper on my 97 Ram - i miss that truck, but had to upgrade to a crew cab for the growing family

Soft tonneau on my 05 Ram - keeps the 5th wheel hitch out of sight....until it split open on both sides from exposure/weather last month - they don't last forever....lol

Mine's always full of A body parts........

Attachments

• 20121129_29.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 20121129_30.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 20121129_31.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 333
I have a hard taneaue on my Titan, I love it and hate it. Its def the most secure, I can lock it and nothing ever would get wet in the back. I however can not take it off myself and also its hard to store when not on the truck.

Great in the winter time though, extra weight for traction and nothing inside gets wet or salty.

I bought my dad a tri-fold taneaue for his f150, he seems to like it and its easy to take on and off. Def not as secure though but very manageable

I voted other, but I can say no frost yet :glasses7:
Rails to tie down a 16 point buck :clock: when gun season comes in for our Christmas hunt (knock on wood) :glasses7:

Attachments

• 904%20trans%20RC%20070.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 321
Road cones, a wheel chock, a shovel, some .30-30 and 12 ga. shell casings, a big *** tow chain, some molson bottle caps, bunji cords, and a 4x4 to keep misc. crap from floatin around.

This is a truck boys , not a toy or a ladies ride.....

Line-X over the rails on an 07 Dodge Ram LongBed MegaCab.

Dirtbikes, quads, sheetrock, beer and/or big girls.....anything goes with this truck!

When I bought the truck it had a topper on it. Got a deal on a hard tonneau
cover already painted. Sold the topper. Wish i had it back. Can't haul S%!#
with it on.

have a cab high camper, had a tall wedge when I got it but couldnt that it thru car wash, so switched it out

Like the convenience of somewhat dry storage and security. had a BLACK fabric cover made to cover stuff in bed below the bed rails so if traveling can lock and no one can peek inside to decide if they want to break in
Picked up in Tulsa a Prowler Go Cart, could not see it and was still there when I delivered it to PA.

View attachment 4BBDRAM2.jpg

View attachment DSC02431.jpg

cap, I've tried tonneau covers, un-covered and tool-boxes, but I like caps best

I voted "topper", I hope that's what it meant

IMG_1213.jpg

A roof.....and a side door

Attachments

• van 001.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 144
  • van 002.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 141
-