Whats the best deal you have ever gotten?

-

dgully

Reaction score
Just curious. Iam tickle pink right now. Won auction on edelbrock performer rpm heads with valves on flea bay, took them to my head guy to check them out, I was nervous. He called back and said they were new and have never been installed. But got them for $400 w/free shipping woopwoop

a complete, running and freshly rebuilt 440 for 200 bucks because they guy bought it at an estate sell thinking it was a 455 pontiac

Just curious. Iam tickle pink right now. Won auction on edelbrock performer rpm heads with valves on flea bay, took them to my head guy to check them out, I was nervous. He called back and said they were new and have never been installed. But got them for $400 w/free shipping woopwoop

Um....I'll give you 401.00 You ship free too. :D

Bought an older Ford Ranger that would not run for $100.00. The previous owner was moving and just wanted to be done with it. I found the motor had zero compression. Bought a timing belt for about $25.00 (internal serpentine rubber kind) and replaced the broken factory belt. Motor started up fine after that. And away I went!

Bought a 1985 Olds Cierra for about $1000.00 that the previous owner said had the automatic transmission failing. Took it for a test drive and it had a terrible vibration. Paid for it, drove it home, and found a broken motor mount. Replaced the motor mount, and no more vibration. Car drove just fine after that.

Picked this up last year at the CMC swap. Yeah, $50, just couldn't pass it up.......................
69PassGrill.gif

Deals are still out there. Most of them I see, I'm in the "not now financial" mode.

Last Saturday actually...bought a brand new 2016 GMC Canyon and after trading in my 2011 Jeep Wrangler I paid $10,442 for the truck...super happy...Marla

I guess I ain't gonna get the heads, lol.

A year or so ago, I went to a yard sale and came home with a 4 drawer tool box top, 3 complete sets of Snap On wrenches and a brand new Mac Tools roll around seat with compartment underneath. $50.00 bucks for all of it.

I priced out the wrenches and they were a total of $960.00 bucks themselves.

a complete, running and freshly rebuilt 440 for 200 bucks because they guy bought it at an estate sell thinking it was a 455 pontiac

I'm in the market for a Mopar 440 Pontiac 455! How about $300? I'll put it in my Pontimouth GToX!

I got a really nice '56 chevy for $30. A '60 falcon for $17.50. My '62 galaxie 500 for $10. A cool '66 ford custom cab pickup for $350. A '66 Bel aire with a new engine for $200. My '70 Roadrunner set me back a whopping $300. I got two decent Fleetwoods for free. And there is plenty more. Just gotta be ready. Oh...I'll give ya $450 for those heads, and I'll come get them. And by the way, I've been to the strip at Minot. You guys got some nice cars up there.

I was just given an 01 Dakota extended cab 2wd v6,I put a junk yard brain in it and it runs great.Cost me 40.00 for used brain and 120.00 for tax and transfer..............................................jeff

Last new years day..someone called me and said they had 4 blocks ....come and get them FREE...two 340 standard bore blocks...1 standard bore 360 and 1 .040 360 ...

Bought a F4B Ford intake for $5. Sold it for $50.

Just got a barley used 650 DP for $225. No rust, carbon, box stock. They screwed with the choke and secondary transfer slot opening so I don't think it worked well for them.

And if anybody really wants a head deal, I have 12 big block heads of various vintages all for free. Come and get them.

Was cruising Ebag and found a listing with major spelling errors. It said something like Hollye heads with eldebrook cover. It turned out to be an Edelbrock 750 on a BBC Holley intake. I won the auction for $25 and paid another $20 shipping. Traded the intake for a Weiand dual plane for a B engine and that is the setup on my 72 Charger now..... Didn't even need to kit the carb.

I've had people give me stuff for free.... Can't get any better than that...

I'd be selling the heads if they weren't going on my 340. Yea there is some nice cars here, farming money and oil money..

But for sure one can't beat FREE

-
Back