Whats the cheapest way to get this look?

-

Reaction score
Post # 11 15" steel rims for (4") small bolt pattern?

I am wondering what is the cheapest alternative to getting the 15 inch wheel on the front of my 71 Swinger without changing the bolt pattern. Hard to believe that No-one has made a 15 rim over the years with the Dart small bolt pattern?

Is Stockton aftermarket my only alternative?

I have zero issue with running the stock drum set-up since its all in such good condition.

I have a set ( I think ) of these [SOLD] - red line dodge dog dish poverty wheel rim center hubcap cap set of 4 already removed from a 15 inch rim.

How about having my front drums re-drilled for the larger pattern, Im wondering if there would be any saving there.....enabling me to buy a more average wheel for next to nothing versus buying a custom wheel?

Re-drilling front drums?

Last edited:
Post # 11 15" steel rims for (4") small bolt pattern?

I am wondering what is the cheapest alternative to getting the 15 inch wheel on the front of my 71 Swinger without changing the bolt pattern. Hard to believe that No-one has made a 15 rim over the years with the Dart small bolt pattern?

Is Stockton aftermarket my only alternative?

I have zero issue with running the stock drum set-up since its all in such good condition.

I have a set ( I think ) of these [SOLD] - red line dodge dog dish poverty wheel rim center hubcap cap set of 4 already removed from a 15 inch rim.

How about having my front drums re-drilled for the larger pattern, Im wondering if there would be any saving there.....enabling me to buy a more average wheel for next to nothing versus buying a custom wheel?

Re-drilling front drums?
The first move I'd make is to contact the poster of that post and ask about the pictures he posted up and what not.
IF i elected not to ask him directly or he doesn't get back to me anytime soon... There are 2 ways.

Purchase stock equipment and parts or go to the aftermarket and start hunting around.

Summit racing has a few things from Wheel Vintiques that would fit the bill. But maybe not the wallet since you did say and ask, cheapest way to achieve the look.
This is the route I'm going because , well,it's hitting the EZ button. Plain and simple.
15 inch 5 lug on a small pattern;
https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/wheel-vintiques/part-type/wheels/wheel-bolt-pattern/5-x-4-in/manufacturers-wheel-series/wheel-vintiques-63-series?N=400230+4294920860+4294920795+4294909611+4294783131&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

Poverty caps; https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-2050/overview/
Trim rings; https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-3002-1/overview/

Wheel Vintiques has quite a catalog of steelies. There was another post that didn't shed a good light on their current production in Wheels and Tires I think it was. I had no trouble with them on my Dart, but that was 15 year ago.

Wheel Vintiques has quite a catalog of steelies. There was another post that didn't shed a good light on their current production in Wheels and Tires I think it was. I had no trouble with them on my Dart, but that was 15 year ago.
Ehhhh, FWIW, I used there Ralleys, trim rings and center caps on the wives car without issue. They stayed on just fine @ 130+ MPH. Sorry, ran out of realesate on the Hwy.

Classic Industries has OEM style small bolt pattern steel wheels 15” x 7” for $112 each.

1970 Dodge Dart Parts | MW855 | 15 X 7 Mopar Factory Style Steel Wheel With 5 X 4 Bolt Pattern | Classic Industries

I also bought the American racing Ansen Slot Mags in small bolt pattern 15” x 7” for $165 each last year.

CB37EA19-E1EA-44A8-AF7C-6E2C619FEEE7.jpeg

For effin' $300-$400 a piece. He's using terms like "cheapest alternative" and "more average wheel for next to nothing."
The question I saw was: "Is Stockton aftermarket my only alternative?"
Nope, not by a long shot. Just suggesting an alternative. And the ET wheels are beautiful.

Did you see the link I posted? No drilling, you can use your caps and they are $112 per wheel.

I did not see the link, sometimes on my screen it dosent highlight in blue ( indicating a link ) and sometimes it does.

That seems like a pretty good deal, I think I may go after them instead. Thanks, and I like your 66 BTW, I seen a picture of it in another post you made, I had the same year and its got great lines

-
Back