whats the fastest you been stock frontend

-
Not trying to step on toes but...this is a A-body Mopar forum in the RACING section.

I've driven new corvettes when I worked at Chevy dealerships over 160 acording to the factory speedometer...but I really don't think anyone gives a rats a$$ about that on a MOPAR A-body Racing forum.

Like before just saying.

No, the inference is you were calling BS on a others and you're right about nobody caring about a plastic fantastic.
I'll put my friend's radar (he's a CT State trooper and car nut) against any factory speedo. You're also right on them being off. My cuda's 150mph speedo was pegged and the radar showed the it was off by more than a few mph. But, I went through his trap at 147. With a 4sp, 3.23s, 27" or so tires, in 4th, at 6100, with the NO2. If you don't think that's good enough to post because "it's not an A Body" and "not a drag racing speed" that's all you. I have also been 127 in the 1/4, but in my opinion that's not nearly as scary as going around curves and up and down hills at a faster pace. I had that Newport sideways around a corner on the highway at over 100 too. There were 4 witnesses in the car with me that night. (I'll add that was a long time ago... I wouldn't do it with passengers now.)

my demon has been to 147mph in the 1/4 and my 66 coronet had the speedo pegged more than once and was still gaining speed. lets just say the 2 vettes couldn't catch me.

No, the inference is you were calling BS on a others and you're right about nobody caring about a plastic fantastic.
I'll put my friend's radar (he's a CT State trooper and car nut) against any factory speedo. You're also right on them being off. My cuda's 150mph speedo was pegged and the radar showed the it was off by more than a few mph. But, I went through his trap at 147. With a 4sp, 3.23s, 27" or so tires, in 4th, at 6100, with the NO2. If you don't think that's good enough to post because "it's not an A Body" and "not a drag racing speed" that's all you. I have also been 127 in the 1/4, but in my opinion that's not nearly as scary as going around curves and up and down hills at a faster pace. I had that Newport sideways around a corner on the highway at over 100 too. There were 4 witnesses in the car with me that night. (I'll add that was a long time ago... I wouldn't do it with passengers now.)
That's all COOL...what I was emphasizing was why on this thread post about all non A-body, non Race cars?
Just wondering.
Hey I've been over 400mph on my way to Vegas..I was just a passenger I wasn't the pilot of the jet I was in but it looked like it had a stock front end.
I've driven a race car that ran 175 in the 1/4 also......but it didn't have a Stock Front end...but it was a MOPAR vehicle...but I didn't just post that up.
You all post whatever,wherever IDK...but why have a title to the thread that's earalitivant to what is being posted?

Just asking?

Had the 150 rallye speedo in my 73 Charger pointin straight down goin out I-16 probably about 1981. I guesstimated we were goin about 160-165. It was a bone stone stock 340 car with 2.76 gears.

140+ 69 VIP (C-body with 383 HP 2.76 gears, speedo needle pointing at "2" on shift indicator

125 mph in 67 cuda convertible with 340 3.23 gears

125 mph 2005 crossfire (german MOPAR!)

112 mph in 73 dart sport in 1/4 mile

Bob

PS: who gives a SH&% where you went fast, just tell us about it!!!

lets get along guys..:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

lets get along guys..:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

It's all good from my side...
I don't have a problem with anyone...
Just fun and games...

:goodman: got nice fast cars on here i see...with stock front end stuff as well...i know some guys try to use the alum. bushing that you can grease up front to free things a bite instead of buy in to the after market a arms..but thats another post so i dont hi jack this 1 lol :grin:

Yeah no kiddin. Some people will screw up anything.

1968 charger, 440, supercharger, rest bone stock, 155 mph in 1/4. don't remember the time, too busy thinking about dying and if I could kill the driver before i die... etc. did this in 1968.

..back in 1970
stock '69 GTS 340
143... clocked and caught by the Ontario Provincial Police (ran out of gas)
this is embarasing..

Back in 94 I had a 1990 Dodge Daytona C/S (Competition Special) that would charge right up to 125 before the speed limiter cut in. & it was smooth as glass at that speed. Those speed rated Gatorbacks were the sh*t back then!

Had the 150 rallye speedo in my 73 Charger pointin straight down goin out I-16 probably about 1981. I guesstimated we were goin about 160-165. It was a bone stone stock 340 car with 2.76 gears.

Back then I 16 was smooth and almost abandoned once you got away from Macon all the way to Savannah that was a good road for high speed back then. David

145 in a 66 Valiant. Don't recommend it as I thought I was going to die trying to get it back down under 100 mph. That car was about as aerodynamic as a brick.

155 in a corvette and a late model z-28 camaro. Vette felt like I was doing 80. Z-28 was a little jittery.

148 in a former TX highway patrol mustang. Was well mannered.

Raced a 66' nova in my R/T Charger and pointed the needle at the odometer .

Gave him the Grumpy Jenkins treatment in the quarter (why was he grumpy......because I blew his doors off that's why) and to complete his humiliation I thought I'd serve up some Richard Petty Top-end .

Probably bouts 165 m.p.h..........very spooky (lots of turbulent air comin' off that recessed back window)!!!!

I waited for what seemed like at least a minute at the next stop for him to catch up (3 miles away Wolf rd. to La Grange rd.)

When he finally pulled up, he said " THAT is one BAD *** CHARGER "!!!

I bought my 1970 340 4 speed swinger in 1978 from its second owner it was all stock 323s and 27in tiers he showed me a ticket he got for 143miles ahour he told me the cop said that was a p.b lol

-
Back