What's the Mopar scene like in the Charleston SC area?

-

pm5kman

Reaction score
Hi, I just sold the house and will be relocating to Charleston South Carolina this summer. Does anyone know if there's a Mopar presence around there? My Barracuda and I are surrounded by Mustangs and the blue oval like here in northern Ohio, I'm hoping I'm not moving to the same type of area.

Goldfish65 lives near there and is a super guy. Perhaps he will see this and post up for you.
My son lives near there (in Mt. Pleasant), there is a cars & coffee cruise in every so often. I made it down once last summer and my son & I both went with our cars. David (Goldfish65) came and met up with us also that day.
C

Hi, I just sold the house and will be relocating to Charleston South Carolina this summer. Does anyone know if there's a Mopar presence around there? My Barracuda and I are surrounded by Mustangs and the blue oval like here in northern Ohio, I'm hoping I'm not moving to the same type of area.

It's a great place to live but I haven't found it to be the greatest Mopar town. But the "cars & coffee" every Saturday a short drive over the bridge in Mt. Pleasant has a little of everything, as does the monthly show at Bessinger's BBQ the 1st Wed of the month. There is also Low Country Mopars but they don't seem to do much and it's a lot of Jeeps and late-model Mopars and Dodge trucks.

Since I don't own a Mopar right now, maybe I am out of the loop, and someone else will chime in with more info. Look forward to meeting you this summer.

Wish I knew! I haven't seen many other old Mopars around here and the Lowcountry Mopars club wasn't very responsive a couple years ago when I reached out. That being said, I don't have all that much time to spend wrenching on my car, so my finger isn't exactly on the car club pulse. Still drive the **** out of though!

Thanks for the replies, sometimes it's good to be the only Mopar guy at a car gathering.

What I recall about Low Country Mopars annual event at Summerville. Was a massive turn out for several years. Owners clocking many miles to attend.
Later on a cruise-in group hosting all brands would schedule a same day event a mile or so away. Bigger ?, Better ?, In advertising if nothing else. What few mopar owners that did show for Low Country would leave early and head to the other event. I'm guilty too.
I've often said, "Kentucky Fried Chicken aint gonna sell much of anything else".
So the average number of mopars are in the area. And the average number will appear at those all brand events.

This is an old post but I'm in Charleston and just bought my 71 Swinger that I'm working on, if anybody can recommend a solid mechanic here that I can trust for things, I'd be grateful. I had the car up to Griffin Transmission because it was gushing fluid, turns out it was the neutral safety switch, they swapped that and refilled it, just needs a service now after I get the steering straightened out. I'm looking at the lower shaft, the coupler and the gearbox all might need to be replaced which is a pretty decent size job, maybe not one I can get done myself.

-
Back