What's the problem with this 1967 Barracuda trunk trim???

-
1967formulasbaracuda 115.jpg

Awesome good luck finding the script. You might luck out and find someone here that has just the script or get a really damaged piece with good script. Congratulations that is a beautiful car. Great color choice for that model!

Yes, it was confusing at first.
But, towards the end of the posts the details got consistant.
I GET IT! :)

My upper and lower "Trim Strips" are a little weathered. But, hopefully they will clean up OK.
I have ordered the correct middle strip; got a good deal on eBay; versus the $900 some aftermaket places wanted.

Taking care of more important mechanical things first.
I will post the trunk lid corrections later this fall.
you can get the upper and lower trim brand new on ebay everyday

ebay item number 375004227832 169.99 when you get the script and the correct upper and lower trim the rear view of your car will be so much better! good luck nice car thannks for posting. Hopefully there will not be holes added to mount that 68 upper and lower trim that is currently on there. I fear you might have a little problem there but wish you the best of luck!

Got the passenger side mirror yesterday. Perfect OEM match.
Looks like I'll have to pop the door panel off to install it.
there is a cheap special tool for removing the door card to put the mirror on. Be careful as the door card is easily damaged and the fitment to the door will not look right anymore. Use the tool and make sure it is under the head of the retainer and slowly pry each one out a little at a time! Sorry if you already know this...if not learn from the mistakes I made back in the 1970's. The old school one looks like a forked pry bar so you can secure the fork under both sides of the retainer. The scissor action tool gives you a more even pulling action and works quite well.

Last edited:
there is a cheap special tool for removing the door card to put the mirror on. Be careful as the door card is easily damaged and the fitment to the door will not look right anymore. Use the tool and make sure it is under the head of the retainer and slowly pry each one out a little at a time! Sorry if you already know this...if not learn from the mistakes I made back in the 1970's. The old school one looks like a forked pry bar so you can secure the fork under both sides of the retainer. The scissor action tool gives you a more even pulling action and works quite well.
Thx for the reminder.
I DO NOT need to buy or replace ANY MORE parts than I already have.

Done today!
Boy! There is only one hole in the door metal itself.
I had to use the wifie's help to hold the mirror post in place while I reached up inside with the retaining nut using wratchet extensions.
But it was the matching mirror to the driver's side.
And it's adjustible to be able to see the lane to the side. AWESOME!

Here's a 'placemat' wiring diagram I bought years ago for a 67 Barracuda and it appears to be correct, iirc the 68-69 are slightly different, particularly the wiper motor, or maybe it's the other way around.

20180112_123333.jpg

Thanks all you posters!
I was at MOPARS at the Park, Tulsa Raceway Park today, on my was back to OKC from Ames Iowa.
The first guy who comes up to me is a semi-Barracuda expert, who is also looking for a Notchback. How lucky was that???

He said what ya'll have said.....that for some reason the previous owner did not know the difference, and put 68 taillights on the car!
:(

And, I believe someone painted red where it should have been the blue body color around the horizontal bezel.
And, I can see from the many holes in my picture that those holes are for both the barracuda fish emblem, and the words Barracuda above it!

SO.........
Let me pose these 2 questions:

I really like the look of the picture by 69FBCuda, the yellow Cuda; where I would just have the body color paint and the stainless bezel going across, with only the "Barracuds" word.
Is that a 68/narrower trim?

If HemiSSDart is right, would it be $$ advantageous for me to sell my 67 trim, and buy the 68 Trim????

(and I think from what I have see, the '68 trim is still $900+)

Of ourse, the other option is just keep my trunk trim, paint the existing red to my body color, and BUY the 67 taillights?
The holes in my '67 trim would match the combo on the front fenders - having both the fish and the word Barracuda.

View attachment 1716162402

sorry , but those are not 68 tail lights , maybe 69 ...??
i have a 68 for sale now , with the correct tail lights , and yours aren`t !!!
the red mar
the red that matches the tail lights was an up gade back then ....

sorry , but those are not 68 tail lights , maybe 69 ...??
i have a 68 for sale now , with the correct tail lights , and yours aren`t !!!
the red mar
the red that matches the tail lights was an up gade back then ....
yes you are correct about the red
But this is a '67 Barracuda not a '68.
At some point it got '68 rear trim on what appears to be a '68 rear deck lid.
The tail lights appear to be correct.

like i posted tail ights are not 68 ...68`s have back up lights in them around the edges ...

Just to clarify, we have already moved on from the topic of which taillights these are. You are correct that they are Not 68s. They are the correct for this car 67s.

It is a simple matter of the 68 decklid, with 68 trim that at some point was used to replace the original 67 decklid on this 67 Barracuda. The OP is now in the process of collecting parts to correctly install the 67 trim.

Appreciate your responses, but it is only going to muddy up the OP.

Same here, altho you wouldnt know it with some of my responses in this thread lol....
One of many nailed it with 68 decklid...
I've been around Barracudas way too long, a three post thread has turned into a three page thread.

Alan

-
Back