Whats the solution

-

Reaction score
Tired of dealing with hoses that break at the ends, Ive seen cheap hoses ( at Lowes I think ) come with a stiff cover at the ends, does that really work, are they available separate? These are not cheap hoses Im using but maybe if the covers do work I can have them installed next time I go in for a repair.

Picture 520.jpg

Waaaaay back when I worked at a tire store auto service center( nearly 4 years ), I noticed every air hose that failed was right there where they bend the most. That sudden blow out and hose whipping all about bugged the crap outa me. So when I bought compressor and hoses for home shop, the first thing I did was shove piece of heater hose over that end ( about 6 inches which is just what I had on hand ). Anyway... Here we are 25 years later and my hose has yet to fail.

Waaaaay back when I worked at a tire store auto service center( nearly 4 years ), I noticed every air hose that failed was right there where they bend the most. That sudden blow out and hose whipping all about bugged the crap outa me. So when I bought compressor and hoses for home shop, the first thing I did was shove piece of heater hose over that end ( about 6 inches which is just what I had on hand ). Anyway... Here we are 25 years later and my hose has yet to fail.
Im gonna give it a shot, did you clamp it on?

Im gonna give it a shot, did you clamp it on?
No sir, I don't recall was it 5/8 or 3/4 heater hose I used but I had to lube it and fight it. It didn't need a clamp.

I remember coming to work at the body shop one morning and hearing a heck of a racket inside the building when I got there.
A hose had split and beat the hell out of the side of one of the cars for what looked like must have been hours.
Better late than never, but the new rule was ALL air gets shut off at the end of the day.

Yep, the bending right there is what gets em, and the heater hose to lessen the crimp is a great solution.

-
Back