What's up with MOPAR MUSCLE?

-

DA4AD

Reaction score
Just looking at the March 2014 edition, Front cover says "painting duster stripes" and when you look at the article it is a Dart Sport.......really!

I would think of all people they should know the difference!

why not just say "painting stripes". Just venting as I hate the Dart called a Duster.
:burnout:

Maybe they're referring to the stripes as duster-stripes, you never know. If they DID call it a duster, boy, they're gonna get some hate mail.

When I was on Hotrod Power Tour a few years ago and checking out of Opryland Hotel the editor was checking out in front of me. I told him if he wanted to see a real 67 GTS I had one right outside the front door. He said "uh uh is that a Dart? I just turned away and thought forget it.

at least they didn't call it a nova

Exactly!!! Yeah it's a mag and they should have gotten it right. But it's a pretty easy mistake to make. The guy that does the layout on the front page must not be as big of a mopar fan as the magazine name might suggest. But hey, we all gotta eat.

X2 It's just a 70 page advertisement, plugging new products for a check. I give up on it, then subscribe, then give up on it then subscribe when I think I'm missing something. I'd say the last five years or maybe mor have been a joke. It's definitely a rag compared to the other leading Mopar mag. Thanks for saying it 66340sedan I've been holding that on my chest for years, I feel like a weight has been lifted LOL

I subscribed to it off and on from 1998, and notice just came to renew. I told my wife to pitch it out because I think it is way overpriced esp. when they keep running the same thing over and over. Just my two cents.

never liked the dart sport name. i liked the demon name better.. so they caved to the idiot church groups who should have been cleaning up their own houses instead of worrying about what name is on a stinking car. just think they could have used their imagination a little more to come up with a better name..

Yead but that mag or one of the other Mopar mags had badlilred's car featured a while ago. Red/red/red Duster.

ok, I HAVE TO SAY SOMTHING, first the mag. should know better, they are a mopar magazine. Does anyone else think they should stick with "classic " mopar muscle ? My name is Wayne CAWLEY, im the guy who helped & painted the editors wifes red DART SPORT

Cleaning out the garage. Came across some old issues & found the content was a whole lot better than whats in it now.
I quit buying it.
MoPar Action Is the Mag for me.

ok, I HAVE TO SAY SOMTHING, first the mag. should know better, they are a mopar magazine. Does anyone else think they should stick with "classic " mopar muscle ? My name is Wayne CAWLEY, im the guy who helped & painted the editors wifes red DART SPORT

i prefer the older mopars but the problem is they all look the same anymore. not enough variety in the magazines these days..

I miss Mopar Enthusiast. Back in the mid 2000's it was a grassroots type mag. They had all the old school mopars covered, even a and c bodys. They had grudge match races and cool tech articles on low buck h.p. Then came the e bodys and b bodys taking over and then the new Challys and the widebody kits...

Then in the ultimate disgrace they combined it with several other magazines and it died as the Amos Automotive Magazine.

It was a nice Mag back in the day...

that mag sucks! I love when people say dodge duster! retards.

Don't tell Al Bundy. He called his Duster a Dodge for the entire show...

dodge.jpg

dodge2.jpg

I have to agree with the crowd on this one. Editorial precision has fallen off at the magazine. I attribute it to being down wind of the Coral Reefer Band in Florida.

More of the projects are either over-the-top or someone takes a junker into a shop and throws a bunch of money at it. The pros make good stuff and do good work, but I'm in this to learn and get my hands dirty, as well as enjoy driving the car. I can't do that if someone else is doing it for me.

Don't tell Al Bundy. He called his Duster a Dodge for the entire show...
I used to get people telling me I was a 'Dodge man' because I had mopars- I told them "I've never owned a Dodge in my life".
Until I bought my Mitsubishi it was true- all Plymouth before that.

-
Back