Whats up with Wildcat?

-

jimbo

Reaction score
Wildcat Auto Wrecking is in Sandy, Oregon.
Everybody knows that they are a Mopar only yard with a buttload of A-Bodies in stock.
I was planning a trip down to check them out sometime in the spring just to see what they had and maybe pick up a few goodies.
But.... Last week I got a call form a guy that bought a gas tank from me a month ago or so, he was looking for an a body 7.25 rearend.
He is down in Salem and I am pretty close to Seattle.
Sos I ask,why not go to Wildcat?
It is much closer to him than I.
And he says they wanted $300 bucks!!!!
Do any of you think that is fair?
I think that's a ripoff!!!
I sold him one for $75 and he drove the 3 hours back to Salem, Oregon.
So, what's up with Wildcat?????

Wildcat has a bunch of stuff. There prices are not very consistent......I have called for something and got a price, then showed up and it was cheaper. Even then, they dont give parts away that's for sure.

I got a near perfect tail panel for my Demon, it was $200......thought that was a good price and they did a good job removing it from the donor.

Im just off 405 and 90 in Newcastle and I figured the same thing. I would make a trip down there on a weekend and grab abunch of parts that I needed. I called Wildcat and got the price on some stuff, told them thanks, and never thought about going down there again.

I have been told about "some old guy in Snohomish that has a feild of A-bodies and he is real cheap on his stuff and real nice about letting you look around."....Anyone in the area ever heard of that?

Wildcat Auto Wrecking is in Sandy, Oregon.
Everybody knows that they are a Mopar only yard with a buttload of A-Bodies in stock.
I was planning a trip down to check them out sometime in the spring just to see what they had and maybe pick up a few goodies.
But.... Last week I got a call form a guy that bought a gas tank from me a month ago or so, he was looking for an a body 7.25 rearend.
He is down in Salem and I am pretty close to Seattle.
Sos I ask,why not go to Wildcat?
It is much closer to him than I.
And he says they wanted $300 bucks!!!!
Do any of you think that is fair?
I think that's a ripoff!!!
I sold him one for $75 and he drove the 3 hours back to Salem, Oregon.
So, what's up with Wildcat?????

Didn't you know that they quoted you a price on a rare special 7.25 Dana issued rearend out of a 68 Superstock Dart? :toothy10: J/k, that is pretty steep!

i have purchased some items from WildCats myself, yes they do have a lot of stuff but they think that their parts are gold I have found. But the parts are getting harder and harder to find in the Salem area anyway. I have a 7-1/4 that I am going to be taking out of my wife's Dart when I find a cheap enough A-Body 8-3/4. Wildcats doesn't even have one, the closest thing they have is one out of a C-body and they want 400.00 for it. Insane. I have heard of a guy down in the Medford area by the name of the Highway Man but cannot find anything or anyone that knows about it. Might be an Urban Legend like the days of decent prices for MOPAR Parts. LOL

Doyle

Yes, I wish their stuff was cheaper, too. But their prices aren't as ridiculous as eBay.

I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and I will say this: They seem to be pretty nice guys and are very knowledgeable; they have always been helpful to me; and whenever any of their parts proved defective, they've replaced it without any argument. Also, they chew a lot of tobacco, so don't walk next to them on the side where they spit.

I live within a hour of wildcat. I wouldn't go there if it was the last mopar parts dealer on earth. I went there to buy a small part for my Demon, they stroked me on the price and were a bunch of jerks. At least smile and be pleasant as you #*/*#! me. FIRST IMPRESSIONS LAST A LIFETIME

Yeah I would say that is high for a 7 1/4. I have only dealt with them a couple of times, but only if i couldn't find it cheaper somewhere else.. Used ot be a wrecking yard in Salem that had some good prices on there Mopar stuff, but they are now gone.

I have a 7 1/4 out of my Dart someone can have.

I paid $10 for the one I replaced in 75, week later broke the replacement one, pulled the 8 3/4 out of my sisters Formula S barracuda and put another 7 1/4 in it and then I had the 273 Hipo and 8 3/4 from her car in my 67 Barracuda

When I built my dart I pulled the 7 1/4 and didn't think it would be worth the $10 I had to pay for the one I bought in 1975

I have bought stuff from Wildcat over 10 years and I have been very satiesfied. They have a good service and the parts that they take of are always "complete" No nut, bolts etc have been missing.

Hello All,
Josh here from Wildcat Auto Wrecking. Our 7.25's run $125.00 to $175.00 depending on specifics. We also remove the inspection cover and inspect the spiders to make sure the're good. Now if someone asked for one with 3.23 or deeper gears and a suregrip, than we would have qouted around $300.00.

One thing I will say is its got to cost a fortune to run a wrecking yard now days,insurance,the price of land,not to mention it costs more for them to get cars and parts just like us.Its easy to make good deals amongst each other when theres no overhead and alot of bartering but trying to make a living off of it,well these guys are true enthusiasts.Im not trying to persuede any one on their opinion but you have to appreciate the fact that at least there is a mopar only yard left in Oregon thats open to anyone and there are still even places left who actaully take the time to gather and sell second hand cars and parts.

I'm looking some rear quarter panels for my valiant this sounds as though it may be a place to try thanks guys.

Hey Austin....next time your down in Vic, let me know and you can come over and look at the full quarters I got from Wildcat several years ago for my Valiant. The guys down there were great. They sent me super-detailed pics of them,and then were very helpful when I came to pick them up. They cut 'em off the Barracuda just where I asked....while I roamed the yard and drooled!! They were also reasonably priced.

I'd like to get down there again, for a snoop of the yard.

(Maybe during the Portland meet this year....hmm...)

One thing I will say is its got to cost a fortune to run a wrecking yard now days,insurance,the price of land,not to mention it costs more for them to get cars and parts just like us.Its easy to make good deals amongst each other when theres no overhead and alot of bartering but trying to make a living off of it,well these guys are true enthusiasts.Im not trying to persuede any one on their opinion but you have to appreciate the fact that at least there is a mopar only yard left in Oregon thats open to anyone and there are still even places left who actaully take the time to gather and sell second hand cars and parts.

Good Post, well said. It's a lot harder than most think to run a well organized yard like that and the cars and parts aren't getting any newer. Some things just aren't being reproduced also.

Hey Austin....next time your down in Vic, let me know and you can come over and look at the full quarters I got from Wildcat several years ago for my Valiant. The guys down there were great. They sent me super-detailed pics of them,and then were very helpful when I came to pick them up. They cut 'em off the Barracuda just where I asked....while I roamed the yard and drooled!! They were also reasonably priced.

I'd like to get down there again, for a snoop of the yard.

(Maybe during the Portland meet this year....hmm...)

Sounds great, I'm going to be down in Vic on the 8th-11th of March so I can write an exam on the Monday. So maybe this time we can meet up, I can have a look at your quarters, drink some coffee & bench race.

Hello All,
Josh here from Wildcat Auto Wrecking. Our 7.25's run $125.00 to $175.00 depending on specifics. We also remove the inspection cover and inspect the spiders to make sure the're good. Now if someone asked for one with 3.23 or deeper gears and a suregrip, than we would have qouted around $300.00.

Ok, I am looking for a 3.23 Suregrip for my a-body and I want to keep my SBP ralleyes. How much?

-
Back