What's worth more

-

440bigblock66

Family Black sheep
Reaction score
I was just offered a choice of two cars by the orig owner both 1994 garage kept fully loaded. One a 94 Z28 Camaro 39,000 orig miles the other a 94 Jaguar XJ6 with 52,000 orig miles $6000 my choice. What is worth more???

I would say the camaro only cuz the jag will cost you a fortune to keep running , im sure jag parts aint cheap

Just looking for a cool driver while I work on the 48 Dodge led sled 6 inch chop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 289
Research what it takes to change the spark plugs on the Z28. The passenger side is a real *****. The engine is tucked so far back in the cowl that access to do anything in that area is a real pain too. I bought and then sold my 99 in less than a month after I changed the plugs.

The Z28 will always be worth something - not sure on the Jag. And I agree on the upkeep... Rather have the Chevy and for me that's saying a lot.

Research what it takes to change the spark plugs on the Z28. The passenger side is a real *****. The engine is tucked so far back in the cowl that access to do anything in that area is a real pain too. I bought and then sold my 99 in less than a month after I changed the plugs.

Research shows that the 99 Z28 has an entirely different engine than the 94 Z28... You're comparing a LS1 to an LT1

I would go for the camaro. A 94 Z28 would be a lot of fun until you get the 48 running. Even though it's a LT1 the spark plugs will be a PAIN to change. I know from experience.

If the 94 is a 6-speed...honestly, it's a great ride. 28MPG highway.

Not a ragtop, I assume?

Chevy for sure.

But why is this under Mopar General Discussions?

Chevy for sure.

But why is this under Mopar General Discussions?

Cause it is transportation while working on his 48 Dodge ...... LOL probably should have been in general

If the 94 LT1 and 95 LT1 is the same then water pump cost a fortune and the Dist. Is behind the water pump and EXPENSIVE.

But will still be $$$$$$ cheaper to work on than the jag.

Guess I would look for something else. Don't care for the Camaro style and wouldn't have a jag

I've been looking for 4th gen Camaro for a while, I'm fussy and want a low mileage original....I would say the Camaro is definitely the choice for the price from what I've seen, especially a 6 speed, t-top and leather

Cause it is transportation while working on his 48 Dodge ...... LOL probably should have been in general

If the 94 LT1 and 95 LT1 is the same then water pump cost a fortune and the Dist. Is behind the water pump and EXPENSIVE.

But will still be $$$$$$ cheaper to work on than the jag.

Guess I would look for something else. Don't care for the Camaro style and wouldn't have a jag

I had a Caprice with the same LT1 engine. A drop-in MSD is ~$200 from Summit. (Stock Optispark is about $450.) Water pump is $43 from Rock Auto.

Both are pieces of ****. Take your 6K and find something else.

Decide which one you like best, or which one you wouldn't mind parting with.

Personally, I'd go with the Chevy. When you're done with it, it'll be easy to sell. Not so much with the Jag.

I honestly wouldn't pay 6k for either one. The Jag is a wonder of crap design and the Camaro is almost as bad.

In my area you can buy a nice 1994 Camaro for $2000 to $4000, all day long.

You didn't mention your 3rd choice. The choice of passing on both. That's the winning answer.

In my area you can buy a nice 1994 Camaro for $2000 to $4000, all day long.

He's on the other side of the country.

If they are available as you say, I recommend you start buying them up, you can turn a profit "all day long" at those prices, and never do anything but but paperwork.

If they are available as you say, I recommend you start buying them up, you can turn a profit "all day long" at those prices, and never do anything but but paperwork.

Frankie, your right on target on that. But this is a yes or no question, so even tho it's in the wrong form. I will say yes Camaro, no jag. My answer is slanted by the fact that I have very few metric tools, ha ha.

4, 1994 Z28s on Portland Craigslist right now. The most expensive is $4500.
Honestly, they are worth almost nothing over on my side.

4, 1994 Z28s on Portland Craigslist right now. The most expensive is $4500.

I'm telling you, if you have the money suck them up, list them on the east coast for mid 6's plus freight, and you've got a 50 profit.
I wasn't being sarcastic when I mentioned that in my earlier post.

-
Back