whats your car's name

-
My car has generally been referred to as "The Dart" although the unofficial nickname is Taz (as in Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes) due to it's temperament and it's color.

I wanted to find a 4 foot tall Taz Plushie to have standing in the front seat and Bug Bunny's legs sticking out from under the hood but it seems no one makes a huge Taz Plushie :(

My duster is named swifter lol like the commercials and my gf named her jeep Ron Burgundy because it's Burgundy lol.

green car is - Even
white car - Mo
black car - Money
Blue car - parts car

I have to sell the white one it appears.

well no A-body yet but my Jeep is Mall Crawler my wife's Buick is ghost, all white and really quiet, and i sold my 06 dodge ram 2500 that was smokey, cummins in it
smokey
100_4152.jpg

Mall Crawler
100_3117.jpg

Everybody already knows Sunfish around here but heres a pic anyway.

Also included is a picture of the famous "Picadilly Willy"...the greatest sand drag truck whatever did live. 392" of alcohol injected Hemi power!! Can be yours for a reasonable price of only $1500.00!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_0821.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_1127.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_1128.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 137
..back in the 60's a local character owned a 61 black and white two tone Valiant.
..we used to call it the "newspaper"

Bad Sport of course, I have the Sport part, now I got to get it to the Bad azz part. LOL

My Kids, Wife & I agreed on "Rosie", because she's loud and obnoxious just like her namesake Roseanne Barr...:?

The un-official name is Black Bart the Dart. But when I was first lining up my plans on buying it, I used to have to speak in "code" to my sons about it, so my wife wouldn't flip out. I already owned one dart, so this one was called "R2-D2".....as in "Dart #2".

When talking to my friends on the phone, it was always "R2-D2 this, and ready to score the R2-D2..." BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!.....don't tell me some of you guys haven't done something similar!

I never could come up with a good name yet so the dart just gets the title "The Mistress". Also known by my wife as "the B$#ch in the garage".

as many of you know....all my build threads come with a name....typically a girl's name.

the main reason i started doing this is bcoz my cousin had a salvage yard and there were a lot of mopars at one time (not so much now that the land got sold) so the name system avoided confusion.

instead of refering to "the dart" there was 9 darts out there at one time, it was easier to refer to a name that designated a specific one

as time went on, i really started to enjoy naming the cars bcoz each one has a different personality.....and just picking a name out of a hat wont work.

each car has a car that fits it. and i have adopted a quite lengthy process for issueing a name to a car.

i have determined that all my cars are girls and trucks are boys.

giving them a good name seems to make them more special and part of the family......really brings it to life. and i mean a good name nothing generic like "beast" or off stuff like that.

i have named after old friends that i think about and my dart is named after my sister Natasha who dont live with me, so that i think about her more.

my sister does not know of the car culture and when i told her i named my dart after her, she thought i was making fun of her untill i explained that this is no ordinary car and that its something special .....only then she felt better about it.

who else names your car(s)

My 94 chevy C1500 silverado std cab long bed pickup has a name. She has been with me since new, been thru lots together, some good, and some bad. Betsy is a good truck. Never left me stranded. I am putting up a carport in front of the garage so i can get her somewhat out of the elements. She got beat up in a hailstorm 2 years ago, and the paint is starting to peel on the roof. She is a part of my family, i could never sell her. Wouldent be right since i have been the only one to drive her since new. She will get rehabbed, a new grille, new roof skin, a cowl inducton hood, a rhino liner, and new paint. She deserves at least that much for being as reliable as she is.

My Dad's Falcon is Betsy cause it's a little old lady.

When I was a kid, his '75 Silverado Short Bed 2WD sat very high off the ground from the factory, looked like a 4X4. The family called it the "lil red caboose"

At the same age he also had a 455 (I think) powered 1972 Oldsmobile 98. One day at Tweetsie Railroad (a local amusement park in Blowing Rock NC) a little kid younger than I (I was 4) was walking by holding his dad's hand and he goes "LOOK DADDY!!! IT'S A BOAT!!!" From then on, it was coined "The land yaht".

I accidentally named my sister's '93 Plymouth Gran Voyager "Shamoo" one day because it's black with a red interior. The name stuck.

My car, it's always been the Dart. I've tried to think of names and can't do it.The best I could ever come up with was "slanty" and rarely does it ever get called that.

Help me name my car guys and gals!

My wife named the Cuda "Maggie" because when we bought her, the seller told us the car might be haunted by the ghost of his grandmother Maggie. He said that several previous potential buyers declined to buy it because each time he went to start the car, various mysterious reasons prevented it from starting. This was true even though moments before the potential buyers arrived, the car was running just fine. He said that his grandmother used to sit at the window and watch him work on the car for hour after hour. She died before he finished his work on the car, sadly.

I guess his grandmom wanted the car to go to us, so she let it start the day we went there. Since then, we've gone through all the car's vital systems and she is now a reliable driver. We both love her! We hope Maggie loves her new home as much as we love her.

-
Back