What's your favorite Mopar magazine?

What's the best Mopar magazine out there?

• Mopar Action

Votes: 83 30.4%
  • Mopar Collectors Guide

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Mopar Enthusiast

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Mopar Muscle

Votes: 137 50.2%
  • High Performance Mopar

Votes: 10 3.7%

• Total voters
-
I prefer Mopar Action myself, their sense of humor makes it fun to read (at least for me) and their project cars are by far the most interesting and unique. I especially like how they try to build cars to compete in ALL aspects of performance, not just drag racing which IMO only represents 1/3 of a car's ability. Green Brick, Bold Beeper, Scat-Dak, and Savvy Savoy are all "real-world" type projects and involve a lot more in-depth engineering and careful planning rather than just buying up all the latest and most expensive aftermarket crap to throw in. I subscribe to Mopar Muscle but there is so little real-world information and tech that I can use that I end up tossing the newest issue in my closet after 15 minutes of flipping through the pages.

I prefer Mopar Action myself, their sense of humor makes it fun to read (at least for me) and their project cars are by far the most interesting and unique. I especially like how they try to build cars to compete in ALL aspects of performance, not just drag racing which IMO only represents 1/3 of a car's ability. Green Brick, Bold Beeper, Scat-Dak, and Savvy Savoy are all "real-world" type projects and involve a lot more in-depth engineering and careful planning rather than just buying up all the latest and most expensive aftermarket crap to throw in. I subscribe to Mopar Muscle but there is so little real-world information and tech that I can use that I end up tossing the newest issue in my closet after 15 minutes of flipping through the pages.

For me that's what sells me on MA. The Green Brick and Project Beeper (the '72) were two of the first stroker engines I remember reading about. The Green Brick and it's giant killer mentality using a lot of stock suspension parts with a few aftermarket add-ons. I thought using the Savoy as a Mopar Performance test bed for plug and play systems for the modern magnums was a cool build. I first saw the brake upgrade using the late-B or F, J, and M systems when Ehrenberg did it.

I've seen Ehrenberg write some negative stuff about advertising vendors products. I've also seen him go outside the advertisers seeking parts (how many have seen a Daniel Stern ad). Doesn't mean you have to agree with him as he's not always right, but I give him props for at least being honest with his opinion, even if it pisses off the ad guys.

I buy Mopar Muscle off of the news stand every so often. I can't seem to find Mopar action most of the time. I would like to see any magazine do articles on real world cars like mine that are on tight budgets! Not on these Foose dream machines in California. Real cars by real men.

EXACTLY!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna squash an article or an entire magazine cause they wanna show what Foose is up to. But at the same time, I don't wanna read article after article about cars with unlimited budgets. The car better look cool as hell after the money the put into it. But I'd rather read about how some regular Joe got a ride spruced up using minimal moolah and good ol fashion elbow grease. Just my opinion though.

Hey - one stiff fish!

Is that the same project on MAX?

Hey - one stiff fish!

Is that the same project on MAX?

I saw a similar story on Mopar Max with an early A - Just wondering if its the same car?

I've given up on all car related magazines. Seems to be nothing but super high dollar rides that most of us can't afford. I find the advice on this site to be way better than any of those magazines.

I've given up on all car related magazines. Seems to be nothing but super high dollar rides that most of us can't afford. I find the advice on this site to be way better than any of those magazines.

I agree that the most valueble info you get is from this site. But for themagazines I subscribe to Mopar Action and Mopars Collectors Guide. I would like to have an restoration magazine. Then I would give up the other mags.

Mopar Action for me. More Tech stuff. If there was a magazine that was completely Tech in substance that would be the ultimate for me.

I like Mopar Action myself but I don't buy often it has been more of a luxury for me.

i don't get any mopar magazines anymore. they are all the same garbage. they bore the hell out of me. i get hemmings muscle machines, car craft and automotive enthusiasts. i like the varity of cars in those magazines. if i need any info on a mopar i have a number of forums that i can get the info from faster.

-
Back