Whats your oldest personal possession

-
Forgot, I also have two of the old style double edge razors my dad used along with the soap cup. Brush is long gone, lost over the years. Now those probably older than the lights.

Amongst my son's toys are my old Tonka Trucks. Here's one of them.

An A 100 Tonka.
IMG_20180109_191845.jpg

I have my grandfather's Elgin 21 jewel movement pocketwatch from around 1885.

I have an old Lionel train set that was my father's. I played with it as a kid, then my dad gave it to me when I left the house. Not sure how it is, but I started playing with it around 1968. It still works and I still use the original transformer!!

trace 1.jpg

Train 2.jpg

If you're talking about the oldest thing in my possession and not the the oldest thing that is has been in my personal possession the longest then it would be my grandfather's 41P .22 bolt action rifle.

I have an old Lionel train set that was my father's. I played with it as a kid, then my dad gave it to me when I left the house. Not sure how it is, but I started playing with it around 1968. It still works and I still use the original transformer!!

View attachment 1715128951

View attachment 1715128952
The 247 engine was included in O gauge train set from 1959 to 1961. The rest of the cars in the set can provide a better estimation of the year it was made.

The 247 engine was included in O gauge train set from 1959 to 1961. The rest of the cars in the set can provide a better estimation of the year it was made.

Thanks @Ddaddy I had no idea. I was born in 1963 so I guess he bought it just before that. Here are some other cars.

train 10.jpg

train 11.jpg

train 12.jpg

My teddy bear. My grandpa’s pocket watch.
And words from my dad.
“If you dont learn something new every day,its a wasted day”

Longest owned by me - I'm sure I have some stuff somewhere in a box.. a couple beat up Hot Wheels I played with, childrens books that were given by Grandparents and read to me by others...
Oldest would be stamps in my collection I started in 1970's. Some are from 1800's.
One special item I was given several years ago by my Uncle. My Grandparents mantle clock. I believe it dates to about 1915. Was in rough shape when I got it. I restored it and did have it working. But it stopped again. :(

2011-12-26 10.03.23.jpg

Clock.JPG

20170405_182536.jpg

Last edited:
oldest thing from my childhood is a Ross p/s steering wheel off a 1950s corbitt big truck my dad got me outta a junk yard when i was 4, i played truck driver with it for years. its setting on my front porch beside the door.

oldest thing i got is a french bayonet that was forged in 1879, was gave to my g'pa by family that hid him waiting for D day invasion WWII...

A family piece, a Dufa wall clock from the 20’s. They were in business from 1919 until WWII when the Nazis forced the plant to move from clocks to making clockworks for weapons guidance, so exact details are scarce. I restored it and it will lose a couple of minutes every few months. I need to lube the works again.

I have a spark plug tester from Champion that far as I can tell it’s from 1915. Not only does it work, it’s Model T vibrating coil will make 37kv.

Finally, a 6-12-24V battery charger with a patent date of 1917.

My JBL speakers (still in mint condition) and my Craftsman 1/2" drive SAE sockets, both at my side for almost 40 years.

Actually a Mopar...A 72 Scamp ,owned since' 02 ... There are estate family involved, I cannot comment, on . That garbage Mopar : I have never spent so much foul language, blood, sweat , and tears upon.

I never met ether of my grandfathers, lost my fathers father to the war and my mothers father to a work related death, so the things I have that was given to me are from family and farmers I worked for as my mom and grandmother and I followed the crops to feed the world. I will get some pictures and share some of the things I have had for 50 years I was trusted with, seems I had the reputation to keep and take care of the things I was given .

My oldest possesion is a child's wooden rocking chair that I had as a toddler over 50 years ago. I refinished it and have a picture of my son sitting in it. Someday, his son will own it.

I got a lotta old stuff.

I was going to say a cast iron skillet I got from my grandmother who got it from her mother in the 1920's, but then I remembered I have a civil war cannon ball.

Are we counting fossils? I have a Stegosaurus vertebrae....

I got a lotta old stuff.

I was going to say a cast iron skillet I got from my grandmother who got it from her mother in the 1920's, but then I remembered I have a civil war cannon ball.

Are we counting fossils? I have a Stegosaurus vertebrae....
I would say you have the oldest (stuff) items then anyone so fare, Cool items :thumbsup:

Got me thinkin' now. Wife's great g-ma china cabinet. 1918 Singer and cabinet. Thread cabinet. My g-fathers beer stein. My dad's Belgian made Browning. My g-ma's dining table.

Box of b/w pics of parents, family, dating back to Great Depression days, and 2 from S. Pacific, WW11, and into 40's 50;s 60;s.

I had my Dad's service s/w .38 revolver from Korean War but it got stole. Model 12 Winchester from same war, stole too. Gone.

-
Back